SSBB - Epic Wifi Waiting Room Up#3

stats.png

lol I dunno what title to give this for now. But yeah...I got the idea to do this after hearing a Final Destination "remix." I put it quotation because all it was, was FD's music with a phat beat with it and a little synth lead.

Obviously, I expanded on that idea and thus have created what you hear. It isn't finished, but that is definitely going to change. I already know what I'm going to do next with this, but I just wanted opinions on the early version.

I'm really excited about this one. So any critique you guys have, please...lay it on me.

Oh...and turn ya speakers up, cause this puppy's got some BASS. :D

Happy listening guys.

----------------------------

Update #2

stats.png

lol I worked a little fast with this. Basically...just finished out the rest of the track with what I wanted to do. I think there's a little distortion here and there...so I'll work on smoothing out those edges.

Also...this is meant to loop. :P

-----------------------------

Update #3

stats.png

Alright...added a new beat for the second portion of the remix. Balanced out the bass frequencies so it doesn't cause distortion from being a little over-powering...and, knocked down the "Trinkle Trance" (custom arp'd synth I made) an octave. Opinions, thoughts, critique...all of it's welcome. ^^

lol Thanks Chern, I'm glad you like it. I actually have the finished track up right now.

I guess I shouldn't say it's finished, because there's always a possibility of going back and changing or adding new parts. But either way, there's at least a new version up for your listening pleasure. :P

The synths and other new instruments are very nicely mixed with the rest of the track.

I like how you made the solos and the reprise of the SSBB theme, with the lead and then the piano. The end sounds is cool too.

You could try to change the beats at some moments, they're repetitive in the second part of the mix.

I can't give you better feedback because I'm not a great electro listener, but it's definitively a good and zen track!

Sweet, thank you. I actually agree with the beat being repeatitive, so I'll see what I can do with that.

I may also spice up the background progression as well, just to keep it...spicey? lol

Thanks for the feedback man. It's extremely helpful. ^^

Hm... might be a hunch but are you using Gross Beat for those effects? It really sounds like it.

Regardless of whether you used Gross Beat or actually took the time to make the these gating/scratch effects doesn't matter, but it gets a bit repetitive and annoying to listen to as intro. I think it would work better as a breakdown.

Aside from that, I like it, the square lead could be turned down a bit. Not too much, it's just borderline above where it should be in terms of velocity and it's sorta standing alone, dry in front of everything else.

Hey that was pretty awesome. I love the glitch effect that happens on the synths and stuff. I also like how it sounds all small at the beginning and then gets that way at the end.

Only one thing.. the bass is still a LITTLE distorted. It's clipping a bit. I think it's pretty much the kick. If you lower the base on the kick drumn a bit I think you'll be good... keep in mind, this is just from update 3, so you may have done this already.

Cool song though.