Pokémon R/S/E Dive theme ReMix

So this is my latest creation, used without any MIDI (or sheet music, as i couldn't get any anyways) assistance. it was made entirely from my ear, and my own interpretations. Some of the inaccuracies were due to the style i wanted it to have. i thought it sounded cool. anyways, here's the link! (i may put it in a different place besides youtube soon)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you suck at remixing. :DDDD :tomatoface:

Listening to it now, it really gives me that nostalgic feeling, which there seems to be a shortage of on this site nowadays. As always the changes you make to the original are seamless. In other words, if I were a listener of this music with no prior knowledge of the original, I wouldn't be able to figure out what was original writing and what was part of the actual song. Hope that wasn't too confusing :-o

The piano, surprisingly, fits in very well with the soft, deep synth texture you have going on. You used reverb very, very well with the piano. Everything just fits.

Very, very good work. :nicework:

Wow, you suck at remixing. :DDDD :tomatoface:

Listening to it now, it really gives me that nostalgic feeling, which there seems to be a shortage of on this site nowadays. As always the changes you make to the original are seamless. In other words, if I were a listener of this music with no prior knowledge of the original, I wouldn't be able to figure out what was original writing and what was part of the actual song. Hope that wasn't too confusing :-o

The piano, surprisingly, fits in very well with the soft, deep synth texture you have going on. You used reverb very, very well with the piano. Everything just fits.

Gracias :) i really loved the piano with it; it was a nice touch of solidity to the rest of the liquid instruments. I'm glad that my composing fit in so well that it was non-deviatable from the original. That means it flowed really well, which was what i was aiming for :)

This is pretty good. From my experience, it's the kind of remix you would favorite on Youtube and listen to occasionally, but it's not something to download to my ipod...

Having mostly synth throughout the song is...hmm...well, it's not bland, but it's not too exciting either. I mean, I know the purpose of the song is to be soothing and all.... I still think you can do better though. Personally, I would add in another instrument to tie in with the synth. And maybe make the piano solo longer (or just another solo with another instrument). The piano solo is beautiful by the way.

Also, I'd add a better ending to the remix.

This is pretty good. From my experience, it's the kind of remix you would favorite on Youtube and listen to occasionally, but it's not something to download to my ipod...

Having mostly synth throughout the song is...hmm...well, it's not bland, but it's not too exciting either. I mean, I know the purpose of the song is to be soothing and all.... I still think you can do better though. Personally, I would add in another instrument to tie in with the synth. And maybe make the piano solo longer (or just another solo with another instrument). The piano solo is beautiful by the way.

Also, I'd add a better ending to the remix.

gracias bobby emerald. I did think by the end the synth got a little bit dullish...i also do want to extend the piano solo, and so i will. thanks for the suggestion :) imma find the perfect tie in with the synth; most likely a more solid insturment. maybe an acoustic guitar (that would also widen the soloing ability)

• 1 month later...
AlmightyArceus, mp3 link please? (other mods might want a source link too, but i'm familiar with this one :D)

working on an mp3 link, but i am unsure of how to convert it to an mp3 file (it is as of right now a wma file; Windows Media Audio file...)

as for the source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPRtYS5qXEw :D will post the mp3 link ASAP!

working on an mp3 link, but i am unsure of how to convert it to an mp3 file (it is as of right now a wma file; Windows Media Audio file...)

as for the source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPRtYS5qXEw :D will post the mp3 link ASAP!

sorry to butt it here but, i'd strongly reccommend using audacity to convert music files, it's free and a very good and simple piece of software

first thought: it's too conservative. most of the melodies are left (pretty much) untouched, although there is some nice expansion in the bass and supporting parts. a lot of the instrumentation is also similar, although there are a few nice variations here as well, such as the piano section about halfway through.

it's quite long- there are several sections that go on for a while with no real melody or build up, and by the end it can get pretty boring. i think a lot of what you have can be condensed into something with a little more flow and cohesion. the overall volume is also pretty low, and the soundscape is kinda muddy. the individual instruments are nice, and I can see this being a really cool atmosphere with some mixing improvements, but right now a lot of instruments are 'washing together' so to speak. cutting down on some of the reverb a bit might help with that.

anyway, i like what you've got here, but it'll need some more arrangement and production work to hold up against the judges. best of luck! :nicework:

first thought: it's too conservative. a lot of the instrumentation is also similar, although there are a few nice variations here as well, such as the piano section about halfway through.

it's quite long- there are several sections that go on for a while with no real melody or build up, and by the end it can get pretty boring. i think a lot of what you have can be condensed into something with a little more flow and cohesion. the overall volume is also pretty low, and the soundscape is kinda muddy. right now a lot of instruments are 'washing together' so to speak. cutting down on some of the reverb a bit might help with that.

I would definately LOVE to expand on this remix; adding more build to this would be perfect. I've put though into expressing a certain development within the song. I agree with the low volume of the tracks; some parts are washed out a bit and need to stand out a lot more. I notice with this mix that my use of dynamics is low; i should probably do something with that. I am definately working on an extended piano solo, as i really wanted to. I love the sound the piano has with the mix, so i cant wait to be more ambitious with it :D Thank you so much for the critiques; i shall get to work on this right away! :D