*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Ice Jam'

djpretzel

"Ice Jam" - by Hadyn Lander (no remixer names here, just my real name,

thanks)

Remix of the ice cap zone theme from sonic the hedgehog 3, in the style of garage rock, with elements of The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army.

I *know* the ID3 tags are wrong - your new guidelines are nothing short of absotuley freaking confusing - or maybe I'm just dumb - either way, I apologise for that inconvenience.

This is my first guitar-remix I'm submitting to oc, though I have plenty more lined up for submission in the future. This one's a few months old now, just never got around to submitting earlier on.

The judges always seem divided on my mixes, and I'm sure this will be no exception... Still, it's something I personally feel is better than my older works, and so I hope they can find something about it to make this my first OC mix after so many attempts. Then again, if not, atleast I get the good feedback!

Keep up the great work you guys are doing,

~Hadyn

The delivery on the lead guitar's pretty flat overall; needs some soul behind it, even the 7 Nation Army reference. Even the bass, when it was there, was too simple. Percussion needs more energy and variation to make things interesting. The whole piece didn't particularly flow well and the sounds didn't mesh together. Promising idea, but the execution wasn't strong enough.

NO

is it just my ears are is some of that cymbal work really bright?

the boom-tschh after the 2 minute mark made me smile. and then a drum-machine clap sound later. interesting percussive choices.

i admit when you mentioned you were going for a white-stripes sound i was hoping for some beefy guitar work and was let down by this.

anyways, this is pretty unremarkable for an ice-cap mix. nothing too interesting going on. at the very least, spice up that bassline.. up down up down gets boring...

no

I kept waiting for a guitar solo, but it never came. :(

Anyway, the guitars are a bit muffley. Drums sound really lo-fi too. Everything is just smack dab in the middle too. Fills up the ears in a not so nice way.

It is a unique apporach; unfortunately your execution comes off a bit lifeless. There's mastering issues, and the arrangement is pretty repetitive and quite boring. :(

NO