Unleash the Alchemy - A Golden Sun ReMix Project

@Brandon: Yeah, mine's having the same problem. It seems unofficial projects from new people tend to attract less attention...and I don't really know anyone on here =(.

Part of me wonders if I should start going around to like Newgrounds or something and seeing if anyone over there would be interested in getting a remix on OCR/my project. There should be something around here to help newbie directors with recruiting, especially those of us who severely lack in social interaction.

• 3 months later...

It hasn't seen action in much more than 3 months. It's on hiatus. I haven't even seen The Maverickk on the site in a while. He'll come back when he does and if he's ready to do this, he'll pick it back up. If the thread stops getting bumped there'll be no problems.. It's like I said 3 months ago:

When I asked Maverickk a long time ago, he said it was dead. I'll be ready when it comes back but for now, it's like Master Chief in the sleeping thingy at the end of Halo 3.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Okay, let me be perfectly frank; is the Maverickk still attched to this? I heard that he was a while ago, but obviously nothing has been posted by him. I dont know if hes talked to anyone else about this project or not.

We've done a little talking about it on facebook, the consensus is that we're too busy right now, but will probably come back to this in the future.

We've done a little talking about it on facebook, the consensus is that we're too busy right now, but will probably come back to this in the future.

The farther this is pushed into the future, the less likely it is that it will ever be released. It might be more fruitful to cut the losses and limit the scope of the project and restart

The farther this is pushed into the future, the less likely it is that it will ever be released. It might be more fruitful to cut the losses and limit the scope of the project and restart

Agreed. I had talked about directing a Golden Sun project, but I have nowhere near the talent, time, or OCR Star power to pull such a thing off. That being said, if TheMaverikk or someone else wants to rehash this, I'm down for codirecting.

You misunderstand me, Brandon. I do not wish to take over, but I simply wish for this project to be completed. If my assistance is required, I will gladly help in any way possible, including directing the project if necessary. If my assistance is not needed, I will be happy just to see it reach fruition, regardless of my role

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to see this project come to fruition. I love the Golden Sun series, so having an album for it....would be amazing.

I can't really help with directing since I have my own project to direct nor can I remix, but I offer my art skills when this project needs it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is coming back early next year.

What can we expect? Who's leading? Are the original WIPs from the Plasma and the like going to be used? Is the tracklist even the same?

EDIT: I can understand if you do not want to disclose this info, but these questions have been on my mind since I thought of a return.

Edited by Coaltergeist

What can we expect? Who's leading? Are the original WIPs from the Plasma and the like going to be used? Is the tracklist even the same?

EDIT: I can understand if you do not want to disclose this info, but these questions have been on my mind since I thought of a return.

What you can expect is a total rebirth of the album project. It'll be directed by me (I was originally co-director) and it will be co-directed by TheMaverickk (originally director) who will also be the artist for the album. It will no longer be several discs, instead just one, possibly two depending on the length of the first disc. (if we hit 80 minutes it might as well be 2 discs, you see)

By all means people can put in claims for songs now that they know they can deliver on, and submit that song to the OC ReMix panel, and send me a WAV! But we'll be focusing on a small core of the most important songs from the first game. So the original WIPs and claims are gone, if they even existed to begin with :lol: I never heard any of 'em. I'll be keeping my claim, though. The tracklist will be different, smaller, more concise.

Because you asked, there's some of the information.