Unleash the Alchemy - A Golden Sun ReMix Project

The only song I know of returning is by Patrick Burns and it's already done. There will be a new thread. I'll be focusing on quality more than genre. :-)

EDIT: I'm sorry to be so brief and seemingly blunt, I just wanted to respond ASAP and I happened to be on my phone. A lot more details will be revealed in January, it's gonna be great. I'm gonna invite a lot of people personally and non-posted remixers can audition with a sample of their best work!!

Edited by Brandon Strader

The only song I know of returning is by Patrick Burns and it's already done. There will be a new thread. I'll be focusing on quality more than genre. :-)

Hey, out of curiosity, which song did patrick do? my friend and I are going to start arranging a song to be considered for this album, and I wanna make sure we're not treading on any feet.

I'm still interested in this. Please keep me updated, Brandon!

Will do!

Hey, out of curiosity, which song did patrick do? my friend and I are going to start arranging a song to be considered for this album, and I wanna make sure we're not treading on any feet.

He did Happy Town, and it's called Village Beautification in 5/4 in case anyone sees it on the panel thread, that's Patrick Burns. Good man.

So, yeah, are all claims from unconfirmed people (people who you haven't contacted personally) tentative? Can we even claim tracks? If we do a track that's great and someone else has a different take, which version rules? Maybe an opportunity for a bonus track?

I really have to apologize; all I'm doing is asking questions, but new ones come after people post more. I really would like to be a part of the project, and I hope that that can be a reality.

I'm keeping a rough idea in mind of who wants what, but for the sake of fairness, it's all going to be fair game for anyone to claim whatever once the thread goes live in January. And like I said people who aren't posted remixers will need to audition with a sample of their best work. That includes Chernabogue! But it no longer includes Wildfire (lucky... ;-))

It's just too much to try to do and think about right now, that's why January

It will no longer be several discs, instead just one, possibly two depending on the length of the first disc. (if we hit 80 minutes it might as well be 2 discs, you see)

Excellent. I kinda prefer smaller albums to those 4 and 5 disc behemoths. I'm definitely going to audition for this album when the time comes. I love me some Golden Sun!

Patrick Burns is ultra-MVP. His song is great. But the door's open if you want to update it, considering its age. Panel would probably be cool with that too, as long as you didn't somehow make it unpassable ha. Unlikely.

But you don't even need to think of that now unless you want to. You could wait until the album's done and do it then. Your song is done and -passed-, that's really good.

Sorry it sat for so long.

Patrick Burns is ultra-MVP. His song is great. But the door's open if you want to update it, considering its age. Panel would probably be cool with that too, as long as you didn't somehow make it unpassable ha. Unlikely.

But you don't even need to think of that now unless you want to. You could wait until the album's done and do it then. Your song is done and -passed-, that's really good.

Sorry it sat for so long.

Thanks, but I'm only as valuable as my remix . . . and it is a little dated and cutesy. I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm happy for it being in the album -- I think it has more to contribute as part of a 'Golden Sun event' rather than a single remix event. I'll post if I update it or want to claim another one alongside.

I listened to your mix of happy towns (what there was of it on YouTube, idk if it's changed drastically since), and it was fabulous. It's slated for OCR-release, but is it available for listen anywhere else preemptively?

I'll PM you.

• 1 month later...