*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Hylian Anthem'

djpretzel

I submitted this sometime in the early summer of last year. Knowing there's always a longthy list of submissions I forgot about it for a while until recently.

I still haven't seen or found and judge reviews ragarding it so I was wondering wether it just fell through the submitting process or not.

If you need another link to it, you can grab a copy here:

I don't think email handles spaces in urls very well so you may need to copy and paste it in a browser. Sorry about that if that's the case.

PS - My email address has changed since my last remix was posted (which displays my old email address on the remix info page).

Game: Zelda - Link's Awakening

Remix: Seaside Lullaby (Windfish Ballade) Old email address: transparentenigma@hotmail.com NEW email address: hermit@zhq2.com

If this could be changed I'd be most appreciative =)

Thanks,

~Hermit~

i like that Winamp says "(epic)" in case there was any confusion as to dynamic direction of this mix.

seems fairly average...1:30 the drums sound pretty crunchy to me.

the arrangement is kinda repetitive, and the sound quality aint great.

i think this could go either way, but i'm gonna give it a NO

it's supposedly "epic", but it's only 3:29 and it's repetitive.

Opening horns are decent. Not great. Intro's not too bad though. The synth lead and windsynth support are pretty flimsy. String choices aren't too bad. The quick horn support at 2:22/3:18 piercingly topped out the mid-range frequencies. Drums in the back at 2:22/2:55 sounded too artificial and were quiet enough that they didn't really add anything either. Not the right formula for an epic piece. And, WOW, that trite little ending at 3:23 was absolutely criminal in every way, shape, and form. Just not the way to end something like this.

Not bad in an arrangement sense though. Nothing I personally liked because I hate how severely overmixed the source material is, but that doesn't affect my vote. I think the arrangement itself is passable and not too repetitive. However, the execution of the sounds was only decent and definitely not epic despite the intent. Beef up the melodic stuff into the foreground so everything isn't at the same level & get things sounding more realistic for a resubmission.

NO

Eek...samples. :( Very old school synthesizer, when it's not meant to be. Comes off pretentious, rather than epic, considering you don't really have a lot going on aside from synth string and synth horns. Not a lot of balance either; some things sound too trebley.

Not very effective; the arranement is basic, repetitive, and clichéd, and the lack of good production values (sampling, mastering) doesn't help.

And the ending is so cheesy it hurts.

Not particularly bad, but underwhelming all the same.

NO