*NO* Chrono Trigger 'The Romance of Chrono Trigger'

djpretzel

Email sub file CT Remix.mp3 - djp

Sorry I wasn't able to get this in earlier. Thanks for your help.

Contact Info

CTPhoenix

Patrick Staples

Phoenix12170@aol.com

don't have a website.

don't know if I have a userid. I am a member though. I don't sign in much.

ReMix Info

Chrono Trigger

The Romance of Chrono Trigger

I think everything that has to be said about the game has been said.

You have the original Soundtrack.

I started the song with the intention of submitting it into OCRemix. I worked to make the sound balanced. I am afraid that it may only sound good in my system. Just don't feed it too much bass. // It was written in Fruity Loops 3.0. Yeah, I'm a little behind. Plus, there are no effects. I don't know how to put them in. But I made up for it by making lots of patterns. There are more patterns used than measures. But I guess you don't care too much. // The song is a combination of the CT Main Theme and To Far Away Times. I think that the Main Theme starts soft enough to hurt, but accelerates into a nice groove. To shake the monotony, I added a string and piano part in the middle. I thought that was classy. When that theme has it's end, I move on to a dry beginning of TFAT, everntually accompanied by a soft kick, bongo drums, cymbal ride, and other stuff. I think it ends a little sooner then I wanted it to, but I guess you want to leave every song a little short to add to it's savor. Overall, the song has a kicking techno riff, and ends with a sweet, somber melody that is very important to me. I hope that it is good enough. I know that the main reason submissions are not accepted is the dry and monotonous sounds, so I tried to stop some of that. Hope it makes it. And if it doesn't, I'd like to know what I can do to make it better. // P.S. Sorry it's Techno and Sorry it's Chrono Trigger. I'm sure you are pulling your hair out. But there's one thing it's not: Schala!!!

Well, once you figure out how to use some effects, this and any other tracks you make will be much more solid. The countermelodic support under "Chrono Trigger" wasn't bad at all. The lack of a transition into "To Far Away Times" at 2:03 and the awkwardness of the change hurt this one. Overall though, the sounds lacked the power and intensity that were meant to be conveyed. Gotta beef up everything here. If you don't know how to use effects to strengthen and embellish your sounds, your material's never gonna meet the standards to make it on here.

NO

Mastering issues...the lead is generally too loud. The spastic harmony thing is too quiet, and too dry. the lead is also dry. the cymbals sound seriously crunchy. The piano sounds very artificial and the delay doesnt work.

i wont even get into the akward transitions and other small arrangement problems because this mix has serious sound quality issues.

NO

Yeah you really need to master this puppy. It's way too loud, and everything fills out my ears in that oft-mentioned not-so-pleasant-way. Everything sounds dead center, and those loud booms mess up the sound.

The arrangement on the first half is really weak. It basically follows the source tune's phrasing verbatim. Same with TFAT; it's on the order of a rip.

Shoddy arrangement, shoddy production.

NO