*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Janus' Dream'

djpretzel

Song Title: Janus' Dream

DJ Alias: Toxic Soul

Mix Location:

I made this mix of Schala's, Zeal's and Magus' themes from CT (so I'm not sure which artists did which...), and I hope it works out well. Sort of an ambient song, I guess. Enjoy.

Apologies for the continued use of tripod... uploading is not fun with that site. It keeps erasing all the ID3v2 tags I attach. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Toxic Soul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses With MSN Premium Get 2 months FREE*.

Decent job at at least setting a mood, so some OMGKronofanficzpendium fans will ultimately like this if they hear it. Not a bad idea in principle with the merging of tracks, but there's not enough development for the 5 1/2 minues. Virtually no progression of ideas until 3:16 finally broke up the monotony. 3:55 then goes right back into the exact same thing as before. This could have been 2, even 3 minutes shorter. Got really boring, and there was minimal arrangement here besides the melodic layering. Pass.

NO

nicely chilled out, but the mix needs to progress at a more reasonable pace. furthermore, it'd be really nice if the parts changed up a bit. i find myself wishing that 8-note piano melody would modulate or something by the end.

maybe if this had gotten really big by the end with many layers of polyphony and counterpoint... right now the arrangement is just too thin.

no

What's with the anti-climactic reverse cymbal?

Bassline needs more definition. It's bleeding together and sounds very weak overall. This whole thing lacks bass.

This thing just takes too long to go from idea to idea, and the ideas that are there are just really similar overall. It's very boring; there's not much variation throughout, and the continuo line gets really old after 5 minutes.

NO