*NO* Mega Man 5 'Tango Away'

djpretzel

Heya folks!

It must seem as if I set myself the goal to produce a "Megaman V Lullaby Album" or something *lol* but I really don't plan those things! The mix goes its way...

Actually I didn't know the tune of Wily's castle in Megaman V, I just read some posts on "Good Night Li'l Man" and Valeran suggested to mix Wily's tune

- "that would rock us all". So I listened to the Megaman V Wily Castle for an half an hour and after some more hours of remixing I realized that it was much more a Tango than a Rock song, which I desperately wanted to work. You can't push some things :) Sometimes I really regret that I don't play a Viola or a Violin... the digital counterparts just doesn't transport the emotions as well as I want them to. Especially in this song.

I post mixes rather sparsely but it's not because I don't have any. I'm just a manic perfectionist with no hope and only 5% of my works reach the state of "nearly done". You're never finished... ;)

BTW - Can anyone update my artist pic? It's rather old. I have a new one at http://www.freewebz.com/tube/texxpic.gif ! Thanx in advance!

Well I hope you like the tune!

Greetz!

Philipp Strahl

a.k.a. texx sound

man you werent kidding about the violas...yech!

the strings are seriously hurting the mix.

i think the piano ought to play a bigger role if this is to be a tango.

the guitar solo is pretty akward, doesnt add much, tone isnt good, a number of bad notes.

Hate to just quote, but that's a pretty straightforward breakdown of the faults of this one. Beef up the sounds (especially the drums, which function as tango's prominent beatkeeper) to take advantage of the sexiness that a tango motif typically engenders. I actually thought the guitar solo was serviceable (though it indeed didn't add much), but it ended up drowning out your other instruments.

Very cool ideas though, Phil, so please come back after reworking the weak areas here. All of Vigilante's criticisms were good. I liked the arrangement ideas here though, and as far as I'm aware of, we don't have a tango mix anywhere on OCR. I'd love to hear this one come back our way.

NO (refine & resubmit)

Piano = GOLD!

Strings = POOP!

Seriously man there's like no attack on those strings. Use some detache strings somewhere; it's a TANGO. I really think that the piano should be featured more. I also think the percussion is too loud when it comes in. It could be toned back a little bit for more balance.

Not a lost cause! NO for now, but RESUBMIT PLEASE! You have a nice concept; just work on the execution a bit more.