Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. With 1.3 scheduled to come out tomorrow and Bukkit being a little slower to update, I made sure to prepare a copy of the 1.2.5 bin folder so that people can still access the server until Bukkit is finished. Also, there is still the Profile Manager application that will allow you to switch between the various versions, if you want to do that instead. Here's the link to both:

1.2.5 bin folder

http://www.abadoss.net/MineCraft/MineCraft_1.2.5_-_bin_folder.zip

Profile Manager

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/540449-minecraft-profile-manager/

Adventdawn same as my OCR handle

Okay. You should be good to go. Type /rules as soon as you join and talk to Itch or I about setting up a claimed area before building stuff. If you let us know what type of terrain (mountains, flatish area, river, beach, etc.), biome (forest, plains, desert, swamp, jungle, snow, etc.), and vegetation (dense trees, empty, grassy, etc.) you want, we can track down a nice area for you to start off in. You can also look at the server map (http://minecraft.angryitch.com) to see if any areas pique your interest. Check with us to make sure it's not already claimed, though. Anyway, have fun!

Okay. So here's what we're looking at. Bukkit put out a 1.3 RB. That's fantastic news. However, we now wait for the important plugins to get their act together. Here's the list of plugins we're waiting for:

--Will not go without, critical--

WorldGuard (possibly okay, not sure)

WorldEdit (required for WorldGuard, possibly working, not sure)

PEX (possibly okay, possibly not, conflicting reports)

Essentials (not sure)

--Really want, but not highly critical--

MultiVerse (no idea, no status that I could find)

VoxelSniper (not sure)

CraftIRC (possibly okay, might be buggy, not sure)

--Want, but definitely not critical--

BioMan (probably would survive a nuclear holocaust, not sure)

EnderCrystalizer (not sure)

I'll edit this as I learn more...

In the meantime, remember not to update to 1.3. See my earlier post for how to downgrade, if needed, or where to get programs that can run seperate MC builds at will.

Edit - All's mostly well. Ignore this post.

Edited by Abadoss
1.3 is up, plugins working for now.

One of these years I'll get back on here and get a claim set up. :P

I do have a question for Abadoss about the use of a certain plugin. My "home" multi server is planning on starting over with a fresh new map as soon as the upgrade to 1.3 is set up. A few of the regulars, myself included, are pretty bummed about this, because the current map goes back more than a year to the 1.4 beta days, and a lot of people have sunk who knows how many hours into it. (Sure, the spawn area's a mess, and there are several different meandering rail systems, but that's part of the charm!) I suggested that we could set up MultiVerse on the server, since that would let us have a brand-new map, while still keeping the old map around for people who wanted to keep building there. However, the server admin shot it down, saying that said plugin would be a huge resource hog and a royal pain to set up/maintain. I was wondering what sort of experience you've had using it on the OCR server.

One of these years I'll get back on here and get a claim set up. :P

I do have a question for Abadoss about the use of a certain plugin. My "home" multi server is planning on starting over with a fresh new map as soon as the upgrade to 1.3 is set up. A few of the regulars, myself included, are pretty bummed about this, because the current map goes back more than a year to the 1.4 beta days, and a lot of people have sunk who knows how many hours into it. (Sure, the spawn area's a mess, and there are several different meandering rail systems, but that's part of the charm!) I suggested that we could set up MultiVerse on the server, since that would let us have a brand-new map, while still keeping the old map around for people who wanted to keep building there. However, the server admin shot it down, saying that said plugin would be a huge resource hog and a royal pain to set up/maintain. I was wondering what sort of experience you've had using it on the OCR server.

Using just the MultiVerse-core has been fine. Things get tricky when you mess around the MultiVerse-portals or MultiVerse-nether, or whatever it is. Still haven't fixed how all the portals link up. Otherwise, it does okay.

There is a threshhold for how many maps you can add before it really drags the system down. For our server, the threshhold is about seven or eight maps, including nether and The End. I can understand why he'd say that, though.