Flat Notes: A Paper Mario ReMix Album - 7 TRACKS AVAILABLE!

RECKENEFIN

There are so many deadlines for me that they have all blurred together, it looks a lot like this:

300px-Wormhole.jpg

As a result I seem to be beyond space and time, and deadlines, somehow.

Also I might look like this now:

parting-doctor-496.jpg

You know, stuff happens.

And the song is gonna sound like this

Dalek_Caan_Mutant.JPG

And I might not destroy it but I might inconvenience it for a few episodes

Wait, is there still a track available?

Yes, just one.

There are so many deadlines for me that they have all blurred together, it looks a lot like this:

300px-Wormhole.jpg

As a result I seem to be beyond space and time, and deadlines, somehow.

Also I might look like this now:

parting-doctor-496.jpg

You know, stuff happens.

And the song is gonna sound like this

Dalek_Caan_Mutant.JPG

And I might not destroy it but I might inconvenience it for a few episodes

Who are you?!

Yes, "Her Greatest Wish" would definitely be that track, which is still available.

As far as adding more tracks, I have mixed feelings about that. I mean, yes, there are a lot more source tunes that we're not tapping into, but all in all, I'd say we have a fairly representative selection without having an overwhelming number of tracks.

I would have to think about the implications of adding more tracks, because I don't want to have half an album's worth of tracks unclaimed at the end of this. I'd like to have even representation for each of the chapters (1-7 and the Goomba Village part of the Prologue), so I wouldn't add more tracks until I was certain that all of them would be filled.

That said, feel free to voice your opinion on the matter here. I need to be able to gauge interest on the matter, although right now I'm strongly leaning towards no.

I would have to think about the implications of adding more tracks, because I don't want to have half an album's worth of tracks unclaimed at the end of this. I'd like to have even representation for each of the chapters (1-7 and the Goomba Village part of the Prologue), so I wouldn't add more tracks until I was certain that all of them would be filled.

That said, feel free to voice your opinion on the matter here. I need to be able to gauge interest on the matter, although right now I'm strongly leaning towards no.

Yeah, I understand those concerns. I guess it all depends on how big you plan the project to be (8 more tracks wouldn't make it that much bigger though) and, more importantly, when do you plan to have the project ready.

If we get the official project status, it may be easier to get people, so I think this matter could be delayed until the project becomes official.

Some examples of tracks I miss (and that I'd be willing to tackle!):

-

: Beautiful track. Not sure what chapter it'd fit in though.

-

: Mysterious. Could be mixed with the next song:

-

: Eerie song. Both from Chapter 7.

As far as adding more tracks, I have mixed feelings about that. I mean, yes, there are a lot more source tunes that we're not tapping into, but all in all, I'd say we have a fairly representative selection without having an overwhelming number of tracks.

And as a bonus section? I remember that I am producing a music based in battle with the master of the dojo, the bonus section do not need to be very large (more than 8 tracks) but I think it not would be consistent only one extra song, so I hope more people want to get extra songs that are not in the main section of the album.

I'm considering the extra tracks. There are a couple of things that I need to figure out before I make a final decision, but I am considering it.

As far as the bonus section goes, that is on a case by case basis. If enough come in, then there will obviously be a separate section for them. If there's only one or two, then I may just slot them into the main album. Although I have seen albums with only one or two bonus tracks, I do see your point with that. :wink:

I'm considering the extra tracks. There are a couple of things that I need to figure out before I make a final decision, but I am considering it.

As far as the bonus section goes, that is on a case by case basis. If enough come in, then there will obviously be a separate section for them. If there's only one or two, then I may just slot them into the main album. Although I have seen albums with only one or two bonus tracks, I do see your point with that. :wink:

I understand. But I still want that come 4 or 5 extra songs to classify them as bonus tracks, because I think it still has good themes that has not been tapped. C'mon guys! Someone want to do something that has not been yet?

Edited by Hicky Eighth
repairing

(...)Some examples of tracks I miss (and that I'd be willing to tackle!(...)

I had forgotten that I love this:

(long ago that I do not play), I think this are "Path Shilver City" this is really my style, I would like to take it in the future, so do not you dare to take it, I have two songs to done before.

Edited by Hicky Eighth
repairing

So, I believe this will satisfy things nicely. G-Mixer has come on board to take on the last specified track! That's it! The main roster is full!

Now comes the part that the last few posts have been discussing. If you have a track from Paper Mario that you love that wasn't on the list, give it your best shot! Open to all!

All of the rules and specs are the same. Orchestral inclusion guideline, approval be the project team, etc. The only difference is that YOU get to pick the track. Here are some new guidelines:

1. If you want to take on a track, and you get approved for participation, it's YOUR track. No one else's. If you find out that you need to drop the mix (life happens, I understand), then the track drops with you. Someone else can pick it up, or you can come back to it, but the project will roll along.

2. Tracks will also need to be approved by us as well. We would like to avoid doubles of source tunes, so consider the tracks in the roster off-limits.

3. Not really a guideline, but more of a clarification. Currently, we have one track to represent each chapter, and then some other story-relevant tracks in the main roster. For manageability's sake, I didn't include every track from every world. I want to keep chapter representation even in the main story part of the album. So, if you are looking to remix something from one of the chapters, it will remain in the bonus track section UNLESS enough tracks are contributed to bump the main section up to 2 tracks per chapter. Side quest tracks that aren't necessarily part of the main story will either be in their own division or scattered throughout the album. I'm trying to keep some continuity with the album, but I'm still pretty flexible on the final track arrangement.

I hope this clears things up and opens some new possibilities. In any event, thank you all for your contributions, and I'm excited to get this project moving forward! :mrgreen:

Yes. When I compiled the main list for the album, there was no way that I could include all of the tracks from the game. So, now that the main roster is full, anyone that wants to claim a track that is not on the list may do so. I detailed guidelines for them a few posts back. :-)

• 2 weeks later...