*NO* Secret of Monkey Island 'Techno Remix'

djpretzel

Email sub file Monkey Island Theme - Remix techno by Marco Festa www.marco-festa.it.mp3 - djp

Herewith there is my history and the remix piece of Monkey Island.

Contact info

My name is Marco Festa and real is this and I'm Italian.

My email address is info@marco-festa.it

My web is www.marco-festa.it

My userid is marcodj

Remix info

The name of game is Monkey Island and name individual song is Monkey Island theme.

This remix Techno-New Age is for street of my memories which bind me to this game which I followed from the first episode.

Monkey Island cannot how many times I finished it, it is really beautiful from first to the last one.

The remix was obliged to do it because I would like that a part of me, both in this sound-track.

http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI1-CD/01%20-%20Opening%20Themes%20-%20Introduction.mp3 - "Opening Themes" (just the first 1:34)

Meh. Just MIDI-quality orchestration work here without any realism here to open up with the first 42 seconds. The transition into the techno/trance work is just sloppy, and the lead synths, I guess some saws or whathaveyou, are grating as hell and drowning everything else out. The cymbals, strings, and claps (and is that a cowbell in there?) just don't mesh well with the rest of the sounds.

At least we moved away from that with the changeup at 3:14 into something that's mosr of a techno/orchestral hybrid (being generous here), before rinsing and repeating the techno stuff at 3:40.

I guess it wasn't a form rejection given the um love and effort put into this. Well I mean, if YOU like it, I guess that's what's more important...oy.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

ARGH

Don't play your synths on a KEYBOARD when you're writing any kind of techno-trance-newage-whatever. It's SUPPOSED to sound quantized. The timing on that lead is terrible.

Either way that synth sucks a lot. Way too loud and it fills up the soundscape in a really bad way. Everything else underneath is too loud and too sloppy.

NO