Forum ID:Dj Lizz

ReMix Info

Aries Theme -Euro Trance Remix-

Areis Theme (Final Fantasy 7)

Game: Final Fantasy 7 Composer: Nobuo Uematsu System: Play Station

Comment:

Abourt the remix I've been working all nigth just to crack up my

PC to brust my FL Studio to Shake the house down sudenly my mom

came out and said "SHUT IT OFF!!!!!!" well I shut it but, one thing I forgot.....

I for got save my Remix!!!!!!!

then in the next morning I tried to remake it again and Fix it

that is were I sudenly Fhut about Areis theme to remix.

then WHALLA! Trance Remix comes by and CRACK THE WHOLE PARTY AWAY!

thans to my cousin for kick'n the Play back to the Sound Fillter for drivin it...

that's it fokes!

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 319 "Aerith's Theme"

Now seriously, what in the hell does the first 2:07 have to do with anything? That's already an instant NO. Then you just play the original with a so-so keyboard, some weak strings, some pads, and warbly trance stuff underneath it. Production from 3:21-4:55 is really poor. There's that keyboard at 5:08 again. Oy. Whatever.

NO

that 2 minute intro could work if this was of club length, but we're trying for more of a radio-mix mmhmm?

you know, actually this remix displays a stronger understanding of the genre than most of the "trance" remixes we get...

i think the talent is there, but the remixer just needs more experience.

the cruddy percussion, the boomy low-end, the ending... these are execution-type things that need work.

i'm not really going to comment on the arrangement.

no

Yeah.. intro is way too long. Even for the genre, the quality of the percussion could be WAY better - the samples sound like 64kbps MP3s. Synths are bread-and-butter, but not bad. The overall production is kinda muddy and dull, with the low and low-mid frequencies being pretty cluttered and the high frequencies mostly absent. There's some serious recording noise going on and a few actual skips in the track, as well as clipping in a few areas (like when the deep bassdrum hits). Once we get into the actual arrangement, production-wise everything falls apart. Bad EQing/compression stuff aside, there is so much reverb and delay that everything sounds mushy.

Like analoq said, first thing I'd do here is focus on your production values. Go a little lighter on the reverb and delay, watch for clipping, equalize the different instruments more clearly, and upgrade your percussive samples. If you need help with any of this, the Remixing forum (such as the Sample Request thread and the VST Instruments thread) would be the place to go. Once you've fixed up the mixing issues, try reducing the length of the intro and being more creative with your interpretation of the original. The Aeris theme is good source material, so you should be able to go at least a little deeper with it.

NO