*NO* Ski or Die 'Downhill Blitz'

djpretzel

This seems real cool to me but every time I like a guitar mix y'alls yell at me 'n stuffs. - djp

Personal info

Artist name: orbik

email: orbik@mbnet.fi

This is the "Downhill blitz" background music from Ski or Die (released 1990 on PC by Electronic Arts).

Guitar tracks are played "live" through NI Guitar Rig (vst-plugin) and the bass is actually the same guitar played through a pitch-shifter (1 8ve down). The drumtrack is programmed with Renoise with some reverb and lots of compression applied later.

By the way, I checked the artist's music directory, and he's got two hosted copies of this track which are the same size. As far as I see, the length of the submission as well as the way it cuts off can't be a mistake or a coincidence.

1. Cover (nice drums though); good sounds, but just not expansive enough or interpretive enough in at least the support work

2. Ends abruptly. I realize that the source tune you provided us with (thank you) ends exactly the way in which you ended the track. That doesn't mean it SHOULD end like that.

3. 1 minute and 32 seconds

Seems like a reinstrumented rip to me. Add your own ideas to the picture, please.

NO