Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Alright people, I know it's been wierd having both me and KFC pretty much gone for some time. Alot of you are probably feeling like the project has slowed down a good chunk. Well, I'm here to tell you all that I'm gonna be able to manage the project from here for now.

I'm gonna start getting on some people for work, and giving some critique to others. All who are involved with the project can share their work amongst one another. So please do that. I keep stressing that getting advice from peers is the best way to improve, the reason for that is because... IT'S TRUE :)

So yeah, keep working, don't slack off, and help one another.

Also, all the people on MSN Messenger:

I'm sorry that I haven't been in contact with you guys for a few weeks now. I've not been able to get MSN installed properly on this really old PC, so I can't really communicate with you for at least a few more days. I'll get back to all of you as soon as I get a capable system set up over here, and we'll get back to the music.

THERE ARE NO MORE DEADLINES FROM THIS POINT ON!

From now on, we're in the biggest part of the project. We've gotten a good team settled down thanks to our previous deadlines, and now it's time to really get to work on final versions. I'm gonna be asking for work slowly, and especially by late August to beginning of September. I'm expecting everyone to have a final track done by then. As for people who are doing more than one song, I expect at least 3/4 of your workload to be done by that time.

As soon as we have all of the tracks together, we will begin with the final touches like normalizing, limiting, any extra mastering, or whatever else.

Like I keep saying, this is a group effort.

Some people may be asked to send me a .zip file of the individual WAVs of their project so I or someone more capable can mix them. Depending on how well a job you do on your own.

And another thing. I know alot of you are using FL. FL has a nice little render mp3 option. This is okay for demos and whatever that you're sending me, but for the FINAL album versions, I'm expecting full quality wavs. That's 44khz 16bit wavs, there should be an option to export this instead of an MP3 (and it's usually a much quicker export too).

I'm expecting full quality wavs. That's 44khz 16bit wavs, there should be an option to export this instead of an MP3 (and it's usually a much quicker export too).
I'm glad that there's gonna be a lossless version.

However, sending WAVs can be a bit of a hassle, especially for those with slower connections. Is is alright if FLAC or SHN (lossless formats) are used?

As for using MSN, try using webmessenger or e-messenger... (Web Based). You *may* be able to use it, at least until you get your capable system set up.

By the way, you may want to update the first page.

I'm expecting full quality wavs. That's 44khz 16bit wavs, there should be an option to export this instead of an MP3 (and it's usually a much quicker export too).
I'm glad that there's gonna be a lossless version.

However, sending WAVs can be a bit of a hassle, especially for those with slower connections. Is is alright if FLAC or SHN (lossless formats) are used?

As for using MSN, try using webmessenger or e-messenger... (Web Based). You *may* be able to use it, at least until you get your capable system set up.

By the way, you may want to update the first page.

I'm not too sure yet on other lossless formats. We'll talk it over and we'll see.

And there, a cheap update, I just copy and pasted some of the stuff.. :D

It'll be relaesed when the world is ready for it! In other words... when it's done... Kyle was right. Anyway, I say for final wavs we use .ape format. That dang thing compresses the files to almost half the size, no joke. Plus it's lossless.

http://www.monkeysaudio.com/

As long as I can decompress it back to WAV, I'll be happy as an oyster.

As long as I can decompress it back to WAV, I'll be happy as an oyster.

Yup, you can convert APE, FLAC, and SHN back to WAVs, as long as you have the proper software. Actually, FLAC was used for the lossless version of the Kirby project, so I wouldn't be suprised if many people here already have the software installed.

You might be wondering what FLAC is. FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec; basically this means that the music has been compressed from wave masters to this slightly smaller format without ANY loss in quality. In order to play and burn FLAC files, get the appropriate software from the FLAC website:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/index.html

You can get a plugin to burn FLAC files directly to CD, or you can just use the decoder to convert back to WAV. There won't be any difference in quality.