Microsoft 2011 E3 Conference: Kinecting EVERYTHING (Oh and Halo 4)

The Damned

halo 4-6, halo: ce remake, more gears 3 footage, minecraft, and the new dashboard look all are pretty exciting to me. with halo and gears pretty much the only reason i own two 360s instead of one, that's big stuff.

the kinect stuff - particularly the ME3 and fable stuff - was disappointing at best. the ME3 integration is clearly tacked on, whereas fable just looks terrible (instead of press A to win, now it's waggle to win). fable's a big part of my 360 experience, so seeing where they're going with it isn't cool. the integration with Future Soldier looks awesome, but the shooting element of it isn't very interesting to me as compared to the nice menu integration for the weapon customizations. i like that they're not making many games that require it - it seems that fable is the only primary IP that's getting the treatment, and more because of peter molyneaux than anything else.

the search function - and the voice mapping for TV stuff - is exciting to me. if they bring local programming to the 360, i'm sold for life since there's only satellite where i am. i'm sick of having to prowl atdhe and channelsurfing to find the football game or whatever, and i'm not paying 300$+ for the terrible streaming service the NFL has. a CBS-based stream would be great too, since their web player sucks terribly.

of all that, though, the halo games are the biggest deal for me. i know it's a year off, but halo's the reason that i got into console gaming, and it's most of why i still have a live membership. you can say it's not a big deal, but for me it's awesome to know that they're expanding the canon and not rehashing more old battles like with ODST and reach.

edit: WHOA! cloud saving to xbl? count me in! one of my biggest frustrations has been the inability to access game saves from box to box now that no one uses the memory sticks anymore. even cooler.

kajsdfa;khdsfgjkahsdlkfjhaljkhdsf

I love how they said that Minecraft was going to be an exclusive title.

Aside from PC, Mac and certain Android phones.

But you know, exclusive!

Exclusive to XBOX on the Consoles - also, who knows if it may be a different version of MC, with scripted adventure or something like that. The port is being developed outside of Mojang so my intuition tells me that changes Notch makes to MC won't just "show up" on the xbox version.

there was definitely too much kinect. did you see how inaccurate the Future Soldier shooting demo was? a bloody train wreck. shooters are getting more and more twitch every day. i can't imaging playing a game without a controller at this point, not with the trash they've been handing us lately.

kinect's got some great uses, honestly, but none of them are in competitive gaming, let along shooters or other bread-and-butter genres of games for consoles.

Exclusive to XBOX on the Consoles - also, who knows if it may be a different version of MC, with scripted adventure or something like that. The port is being developed outside of Mojang so my intuition tells me that changes Notch makes to MC won't just "show up" on the xbox version.

Then it wouldn't be Minecraft anymore, would it?

My guess is they're just stabilizing it for the 360 and make it Kinect compatible, and leave the rest of the game alone.

Then it wouldn't be Minecraft anymore, would it?

My guess is they're just stabilizing it for the 360 and make it Kinect compatible, and leave the rest of the game alone.

i've no doubt that they'll add in some terrible tutorial as well to learn people what minecraft is, since most of the mass of humanity that play console games aren't known for their propensity to learn something new without hand-holding.

i've no doubt that they'll add in some terrible tutorial as well to learn people what minecraft is, since most of the mass of humanity that play console games aren't known for their propensity to learn something new without hand-holding.

I wouldn't put it past them to do that...