Sign in to follow this  
Murmeli Walan

Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

1/30/09 Update: Okay...minor setback. avaris and The Prophet have pulled their tracks from the project. I thank them both greatly for their interest in AtW, and I hope their tracks get posted on the front page soon. :)

As for us, I'm on the verge of making a big announcement that will ensure that AtW will be finished in 2009. More info to come soon, depending.

3/7/09: Remember two months ago when I mentioned something about a big announcement? Sit tight, it's coming Real Soon Now.

In other probably-not-related-but-could-be news, congratulations to KyleJCRB for releasing Summoning of Spirits!

3/15/09: Now for the announcement that I've been teasing at: let's give a big welcome to the new coordinator for Around the World, fresh off the release of Summoning of Spirits: KyleJCrb! Kyle will be handling contacting remixers and filling up the last positions on the soundtrack, so please refer to him for anyone who is interested in filling up the remaining slots on the album. Also, AtW forums will be up soon at http://kngi.org/forum/index.php. Welcome again, Kyle!

Alright, I'm already crackin' on this stuff, so I'll be talking to some of you guys soon. The forums are already up, so go ahead and register if you're a remixer for the project, I'll give you access to the private area for ATW. Thanks for letting me conduct a hostile takeove-I mean, help out with this, Walan.

Oh maaaaaaan, KyleJCrb? What a n00b! I don't even like that guy, why do we have to work with hiiiiiiiiim?

*throws a temper tantrum*

Actually, I'm predicting a ton of OMFG GUITAAAAAAARRRRRZZZ to be included in the project soon.

Oh maaaaaaan, KyleJCrb? What a n00b! I don't even like that guy, why do we have to work with hiiiiiiiiim?

*throws a temper tantrum*

Actually, I'm predicting a ton of OMFG GUITAAAAAAARRRRRZZZ to be included in the project soon.

You might be surprised.

As much of a fan of OMFG GUITAAAAAARRRRZZZZZ that I am, I hope to hell not. It would kinda go against the idea of ethical music if every track had a screeching guitar solo.

It would kinda go against the idea of ethical music if every track had a screeching guitar solo.

I agree - guitar shreddery is amoral, wrong, and just plain bad behaviour.

--Eino

I agree - guitar shreddery is amoral, wrong, and just plain bad behaviour.

--Eino

I meant "Ethnic", not "ethical". If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go find some burn cream.

3/17/09: A number of track updates to report on today. Protricity has been confirmed to take Team India. Sixto Sounds will cover both Team Shadow and Versus Play (chrono26 is still taking those tracks as well. We'll have two versions of both those songs on the final album.) Rexy is taking another look at her Iceland track (she originally finished it in 2006) and is going to change/update the arrangement. Finally, Fishy is offering his services for "guitar wankery" if artists are interested. More developments to come soon.

Greetings

I know I am not well known around here but I would like to give this project my contribution, I can try to remix the japan theme, if that is ok with the organizers.

I don't have an ocremix yet but I have done work for PRC. I will start to try some ideas this weekend so I can have a WIP.

Sorry about the bad english :)

Hey Ralf, sounds good! I've heard some of your work for PRC before and it's pretty good stuff. If you would please go ahead and sign up for the forums at http://www.kngi.org/forum/ and I'll give you access to the ATW WIP section.

Greetings

I know I am not well known around here but I would like to give this project my contribution, I can try to remix the japan theme, if that is ok with the organizers.

I don't have an ocremix yet but I have done work for PRC. I will start to try some ideas this weekend so I can have a WIP.

Sorry about the bad english :)

Sounds great. You know, Andy Jayne was only an artist from PRC when he joined the project. I've got no problem at all with showcasing new remixers in the project. Put a wip together, and let's see what you can do. :)

Hmmm... I might be mixing a track from this aswell. If I can find something nice :P