Super Dodge Ball: Around the World - History

Murmeli Walan

I agree with Prophet. See if making a thread in Community, or at the very least, getting this thread transported back to Community for a little while, is doable. There aren't as many songs left as the Dragon Warrior project, but there are enough to warrant some advertising to try and draw in some more talent.

I'd suggest sending out a mass of PMs to various remixers, but that could be potentially pretty time consuming to try and dig through the names you haven't already tried... even with the new PM setup. Though if you had some new people in mind, perhaps sending them a PM on top of the advertising in Community might not be a bad idea.

Theory of Nonexistence: If you come up with some sort of WIP, go ahead and shoot it on over to Walan or myself. We'll love to hear it!

In the mean time, I decided to go ahead and give the community forum a shot. I wasn't exactly sure how to go about starting the thread (what should it say? Should it be exactly like the first post for this thread? etc) so....I just typed and hit submit.

Anyway, drop on by over here: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=437361#post437361

Check it out, leave a post, give it some views, make it known and seen. :-) Thanks all!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel the same way about... projects I've started myself not knowing how much time would spent/wasted on it. I'm not saying you should give up on it at all, I was just surprised to see that so little progress had been made since last time I considered helping out. And like then, lack of time is all that holds me back. That and the general experience I have of projects, started by me or by others, being a lot less positive than I would wish.

I didn't notice the disclaimer in the first post until now. Too bad these people didn't help you out instead. I don't know if they joined Mustin's project because they were his friends or because Mustin's sort of a celebrity when it comes to these things, but it still sucks they turned you down and not him. For shame, as they say.

EDIT: Haha, Kazuo Sawa also made the music for Nintendo World Cup. I thought I recognized the style. NWC's soundtrack sounds more professional though, I think, and it was made later too, so I guess that's why.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah...about the...lack of radicalness. At the time of that post, I was working on it. It sounded great. I failed at saving. My comp crashed. I tried to recreate it. It wasn't working. I lost motivation. Now I'm in college and most of my time is devoted to class and practicing my sax and piano. Sorry...if I get some free time in the near future, I'll attempt it again

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't notice the disclaimer in the first post until now. Too bad these people didn't help you out instead. I don't know if they joined Mustin's project because they were his friends or because Mustin's sort of a celebrity when it comes to these things, but it still sucks they turned you down and not him. For shame, as they say.

I DID IT FOR THE FAME.

NBNG wasn't created to usurp the OCR project. Also, I only join projects if I know the people running them. I know Mustin (so do the rest of the guys who did NBNG). I don't know Walan or Mae.

That's not to say I don't like Walan or Mae, or I think Walan and Mae are lame, or I don't respect Walan or Mae. I just don't know them.

Looking forward to hearing the finished product guys. You're super close.

Ok, I feel like I should address this now before it gets out of hand. I had actually forgotten what I said when I made that disclaimer last May. Reading it now, it feels a little...bitter. I just want to say right now that I have a ton of respect for Mustin and the people who worked on NBNG. I have that album burned to a CD that's in my car right now. Despite a few comments and jokes that I've made in the past, I'm not upset at the Bad Dudes at all for "stealing my thunder", as it were. In fact, back when I first had the idea for AtW, I asked Mustin if he would be interested, to which he told me that he was throwing ideas around for an SDB album of his own. He had thought up his SDB album independently of mine. We both just love that soundtrack and decided that albums should be made as a tribute to the music. It's not like NBNG threw me off guard or anything, I was half expecting it to come out for years.

Again, I just want everyone to know that I'm not sitting here at my desk QQing about how how some big bad Internet celebrity stole my album idea, kicked sand in my face, screwed my girlfriend, and teabagged my mother.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1/30/09 Update: Okay...minor setback. avaris and The Prophet have pulled their tracks from the project. I thank them both greatly for their interest in AtW, and I hope their tracks get posted on the front page soon. :)

As for us, I'm on the verge of making a big announcement that will ensure that AtW will be finished in 2009. More info to come soon, depending.

• 1 month later...