Re: Borderlands

HoopyFrood

Ok I'm thinking of getting Borderlands while it's on sale but I don't know if i would enjoy it. I do like Torchlight and TF2 so I guess I would enjoy it.

The other problem though is that I'm not sure it would run on my computer well enough to enjoy it.

here are the stats:

Celeron 900 2.2 GHz

4GB ddr2 ram

Intel hdm4500 integrated graphics

Windows 7 home premium

390GB free hard drive space

Ok I'm thinking of getting Borderlands while it's on sale but I don't know if i would enjoy it. I do like Torchlight and TF2 so I guess I would enjoy it.

The other problem though is that I'm not sure it would run on my computer well enough to enjoy it.

here are the stats:

Celeron 900 2.2 GHz

4GB ddr2 ram

Intel hdm4500 integrated graphics

Windows 7 home premium

390GB free hard drive space

Borderlands Requirements.

Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2.4 Ghz or equivalent

Memory: 1GB (2GB recommended with Vista)

Hard Drive: 8 GB free

Video Memory: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 9 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)

Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card

DirectX: 9.0c

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (sometimes also called GMA X4500 HD or other combinations) is a DirectX 10 capable onboard graphics adapter in the GM45, GE45 and GS45 chipset of the Centrino 2 platform (Montevina). The chip has no dedicated graphics memory, but takes dynamically an amount from the main memory (up to 384 MB).

The only thing you don't meet is the processor requirements. Your laptop sucks. You're going to play the game at lowest settings, but you'll make it through. It's $5.

It's also a STEAM GAME. So you'll have it forever. I get the impression you play TF2 (frequently). You can handle Borderlands.

My point is you know your laptop isn't great. You know the game isn't going to run at full settings, or might have some hiccups on the lower settings. You have realistic expectations of what your laptop is capable of based on your experiences with it. You've seen the requirements for the game. It WILL run.

Also: I didn't realize it was the GOTY addition. That $3 changes things. You'll probably have to eat off of the dollar menu for 2 days, or mow half of a lawn, or trade in a used game from 2008 at GameStop,

Yeah, you should definitely get Borderlands 2 when it comes out.

...of course, you could be as awesome as me and have Randy Pitchford personally autograph and hand to you a code that is essentially a pre-paid-for-in-full copy of Borderlands 2, but I wouldn't count on that. ^_~