in theory - singularity (non-profit jazz/hip-hop album available via bandcamp!!)

melody

i am in absolute awe. i just got the album art and it is everything i envisioned, and more. huge props to phil cho for the logo and alexander preuss (www.abalakin.de) for the art! hope you guys are excited for the 31st!

album cover: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6050/6269607928_1ca2f64de8_b.jpg

Fantastic cover art bro. It has an aura of mystery about it, while simultaneously presaging great things.

I am excite. :-D

Been waiting forever for this album and as expected it's nothing short of jawesome. :nicework:

The jazz-hop fusion resonates strongly with me, and there undoubtely was a lot of feeling put into each song.

Noticed some 'melody-trademarks' in there, with a few subtle references to other songs of yours like 'elegy of the solipsist'.

The piano work is superb and at times (duality) strongly reminiscent of Masashi Hamauzu's work, which is a real treat.

I have a feeling Singularity will bring smiles to faces and delight many ears across the globe.

You should have opted for 'name your price' though, cause this deserves not only lots of praise but big support as well.

What's for sure is that these 13 songs will be on loop in my player for a very, very long time.

Thank you for creating such refreshing and inspirational music and sharing it with the world.

I wish you a lot of success with your debut album. You sir definitely got soul. :-D

This is great stuff melody. I've only gotten through about half the album so far, but I've really liked it. Honestly I was a little skeptical about some of the hip-hop/rap elements when I heard the preview track, but I think it sounds great over the instrumentals. The piano is absolutely amazing in each track (particularly enjoyed singularity and duality so far)

Great work, you should be really proud of this!

yea, i'm glad you brought that up! that was my attempt to discourage paying for the album, as a few did, before i realized that i could just disable the download link. due to an overwhelming response from my supporters, we exceeded bandcamp's monthly bandwidth cap and they are now entitled to sell the album for a 5$ minimum throughout the month of november. to circumvent this, i've uploaded the album to my mediafire account. so at the time of several purchases, the album was (and is) still available for free.

permissions to use certain acappellas and samples were given to me by the artists themselves, with the understanding that my album is non-profit. the difference between a donation via paypal and naming one's price is only, and wholly, one of principle. if i were receiving income in the form of album sales i would be violating their trust. five bucks is five bucks, but in one scenario a supporter is driven by generosity while in the other scenario the same supporter would be under the impression that his or her putting forward of money is of acquisitional motivation. the difference might seem petty but are worlds apart to me.

thank you all so much for your support and love. i have been a walking smile for the past two days.

I just wanted to say again how much I enjoy this album. I've listened to the rest of the songs now and I have to say I really like "luv (sic) part 5". The lyrics are really moving, and not at all something I was expecting. Most music, mainstream music at least, these days seem to have meaningless & forgettable lyrics, but this song in particular talks about such deep subjects, it's refreshing.

I also really like the quote in "fingerprints of the maker" about the picoseconds and the creation of the universe. The human brain cannot even fathom how unbelievably improbable the analogy described is. It really puts into perspective how incredibly insignificant our lives are in the grand scheme of things. Society and all of our human conventions just seem so trivial when you think about the universe and how/why we're here.

Oh, and all the songs are great too ;-)