How to produce a "sucking effect?"

seagaia

The effect in question is from around 1:35 to 1:55 here:

Could someone give me some advice as to how that effect is achieved (the sound sort of moving to the back/left of your head, then feels like it's moving into your head)

Also, I'm vaguely familiar with achieving that "underwater effect" (could probably find something on that), but if anyone wanted to quickly explain that anyways that'd be cool.

Thanks.

good lord that almost made my head explode while listening in headphones... phew

the flanger + stereo widening will work, although...

you could try some HTRF (binaural) tricks if you REALLY want to mess with people's heads.

some plugs will do all the background work for you, like: http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/panorama/

First, you grasp the music firmly in your dominant hand -- don't forget it.

Next, you firmly wrap your lips around the tip of the music, making sure to shield your teeth from contact with the sensitive skin covering the music.

Then you add a slow & wide phaser, pan it all the way to the left, add a little noise wave or something and do a slow LP filter sweep with a lot of rez while you also mess with the volume of the master track.

Cool effect, actually, but it was a bit extreme on headphones having the whole track oozing into one ear for 20 seconds.