Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid - History

Mirby

So I've had this idea in my mind for some time (along with another album project), but only recently have I been able to garner interest in it. So I present to you... the Cid album.

The basic idea behind this is that it'll pay homage to all the various Cids of Final Fantasy.

UPDATE 1/17/14: Everything is basically done. Get hype.

UPDATE 5/2/13: What you see below you is the most-certainly final tracklist. Order may differ, but all those tracks (except Sixto's, which is given special circumstances... details later) will definitely be on the album. We're almost there!

13 WAVs

TRACKLIST

FF2 - Cid - therex

FF3 - Cid Haze - PixelPanic | Art - Esperado

FF4 - Cid Pollendina - Argle | Art - Vincent-B. Vezina (Vince_Kupo)

FF5 - Cid Previa - Tuberz McGee | Art - Mirby

FF6 - Cid Del Norte Marquez - Jakesnke17 | Art - keiiii

FF7 - Cid Highwind - Omni-Psyence | Art - S. Seng

FF8 - Cid Kramer - Hakstock

FF9 - Cid Fabool IX - Tuberz McGee | Art - ocre

FF10 - Cid - Theory of N

FF11 - Cid - Amphibious

FF12 - Cidolfus Demen Bunansa - Tuberz McGee, therex | Art - FlozaxRollins

FF Type-0 - Cid Aulstyne - Moomba

FF Mystic Quest - Otto Cid Bekenstein - Cyril the Wolf

FF Tactics Advance - Cid Randell | Art - MissChibiChild (this is just art, no actual song)

If you want to read up on your Cid, consider this a Cid-cyclopedia!

Edited by Mirby

What an interesting idea for a project. I hope it goes well and look forward to its finish!

Admittedly in part because I saw "Theme of the Empire" from FF12 and it'd be amazing to see that song get coverage. Such an epic theme. But really there's tons of good stuff listed here. <33

My advice to you would be to reduce the tracklist only to the numbered FF songs, to keep things manageable.

That way you can get a feel for what it's like directing an album and maybe even complete it in 2012.

Please keep Tactics material out of a project that isn't dedicated to FF Tactics and uses its soundtrack as filler.

Sakimoto fans (and me since he's my favorite composer) will thank you for it.

With that out of the way, I'll be up to arrange the

Godspeed Mirby. :)

Hey, I was wondering if I could perhaps take FF5 - Musica Machina.

I'm thinking of doing it in an Industrial Nine Inch Nails/Old Linkin Park style.

Not sure if you're into that or if I'll have to supply some work. But I'd love to take the track in that direction.

I may also incorporate other themes like the Fire Powered Ship and such because Musica Machina is quite scarce in terms of source material.

Is that cool? Are we gravy? :wink:

I'm thinking of doing it in an Industrial Nine Inch Nails/Old Linkin Park style.

Not sure if you're into that or if I'll have to supply some work. But I'd love to take the track in that direction.

You're thinking exactly what I thought would be perfect for this track.

You got some pretty good claims on this thang. Play the cards right and you could submit it to OCR :-P

But I'm on there.

That means that you have to subtract the equivalent of one good mix :P

I may also incorporate other themes like the Fire Powered Ship and such because Musica Machina is quite scarce in terms of source material.

Is that cool? Are we gravy? :wink:

No we are not gravy.

We are human. I think... But yeah, that'll be excellent (and nice linking of another source, obvious though it may have been); you're down for Cid Previa.

No we are not gravy.

:cry: Sad Tuberz is Sad

We are human. I think... But yeah, that'll be excellent (and nice linking of another source, obvious though it may have been); you're down for Cid Previa.
Yeah, the obvious way to take it, I dunno, I could have seen it turned into trance or something.

But I suppose I could easily be wrong considering my lack of synthetic instrumentation logic. Haha

I'll try and get you a rough WIP really soon. Because I'm moving country on the 16th. And will not have my music computer/internet access.

This will probably be for three weeks. But I have ideas in my head already.

The whole "we are not gravy" was a joke that depended upon the "we are human" in the next line. D:

Sooo, yeah, just PM me, and there shouldn't be any problems. Plus, the deadline IS in April, so I really hope it doesn't take two and a half months to get your computer set back up with internet. (read: good luck with the move, and I hope it happens without a hassle)

Thanks man. It should go fine. Plus I've got a rough WIP on the way.

Hopefully I can get it to you by the end of today.

Arguably I didn't put tonnes of effort into the quality, just the arrangement.

I know it was a joke. I just like gravy. :wink:

Sweet, can't wait. And trust me, I'm okay with rough. As long as you can share your vision for it, I'm good.

Also, I love gravy too. But we physically are not gravy.

Seriously, if we were we'd be puddles, unable to arrange neither projects nor music. And nothing else either. :P

Hey that's a nice project ! I'd like to take part of it.

Well, it's going to be a little bit complicated...

If Nonamer doesn't do the FFII remix, I'll take that one.

If he does it, do you consider "the Highwind takes to the sky" from FFVII a Cid-related theme? Well it's from FFVII, and you said "one game, one remix" so I suppose this is not a good idea.

Finally, if Nonamer does FFII Cid, and "the Highwind takes to the sky" has no place in your album, then i'll make the Cid nan Garlond from FFXIV remix.

I'll wait for Nonamer to say if he does it or not to begin the work (but take your time, I've other songs to make)

It wouldn't be a problem if any of the Cid-related FF7 themes (Highwind Takes to the Skies, Cid's Theme, A Dream Sent Into the Universe, etc.) were on another game (such as the FF Fables series or Chocobo Racing), but since there isn't...

You know what? PM me a sample of your work and we'll see what can be worked out, okay?

So it turns out that the instruments I wanted to use weren't working for my track. Plus I don't think my alternative idea would fit this album. As a result, I'm pulling out of the project for now and will work on the other idea on my own.

PabloComa, feel free to take my place. Look forward to this album!