OCR02374 - God of War (PS2) "Wrath Industrial"

djpretzel

Alright, the OTHER God of War track off Heroes vs Villains. Like with Kunal, I enjoyed Brandon's representation of Kratos a lot; and similarly when I heard Kunal's work later on it goes to show that these two forces managed to provide one heck of a remix battle :)

It starts out quite safe with the familiar taiko drums and string parts that consisted of the source, though hearing the soundscape change with the addition of all the industrial percussion and synth parts, it comes off as a great way to re-envision the track and take this direction that's distinct to Brandon's - while he provided the progressive, dangerous and adventurous route, this however managed to hint in this radio-friendlier, steadier and "divine" approach to the source.

Admittedly I fell in love with the clean guitar/synth pad breakdown at 1:47 - it complimented the genre quite well, plus it managed to serve as a great bridge between that and the symphonic re-introductions near the end. Another thing I enjoyed was the sheer production values brought towards the organic instruments, with due attention being paid on the taikos; it's hard to get them portrayed as clear as the real thing, but as a professional in the music scene I can really understood that Kunal has a kean eye in emphasizing even the minor details.

Very enjoyable work from Kunal, and in my honest opinion one of his best works to date. I hope to see him keep up his progression in the scene and keep contributing to the community within the near future :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

That percussion!!! That thunder strike!! That echoy melody that sounds evil and electonically sinister!!! This ReMix is a work of monsterous nightmare-filled proportions indeed!!! The second half of this ReMix.....man, all my love for the industrial (area, not genre) sound and guitar. So good.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02374 - God of War (PS2) "Wrath Industrial"