World of Warcraft

aragornx45

NOT GOOD IN PVP COMBAT? ...who tells you such bold LIES?

the NUMBER ONE, HIGHEST RANKED player on my server is a Tauren Shaman.

Radical Dreamer.

He also had his spirit come into my bedroom at night, lay on top of my chest, and nearly suffocated me. Hard. And repeatedly. All night long. A WITCH I SAY!

Actually, I said they were good at burst PvP. Beyond that burst factor, they kinda suck. But you need a class that's able to withstand that initial explosion of damage.

NOT GOOD IN PVP COMBAT? ...who tells you such bold LIES?

the NUMBER ONE, HIGHEST RANKED player on my server is a Tauren Shaman.

Radical Dreamer.

He also had his spirit come into my bedroom at night, lay on top of my chest, and nearly suffocated me. Hard. And repeatedly. All night long. A WITCH I SAY!

Actually, I said they were good at burst PvP. Beyond that burst factor, they kinda suck. But you need a class that's able to withstand that initial explosion of damage.

Oh...well...never mind. Sorry for the troubles, Mr. Dreamer.

I played WoW for about 2 months, hit cap and found out that all there really was to do at endgame was PVP and raid Molten Core over and over and over and over.

I never did like instances, they seem less real to me. There's no chance of just bumping into somone at random in a dungeon and teaming up to get somthing done or seeing somone else doing somthing else and wondering what that might be.

Crafting was poorly designed. No failure at all. You pick a craft to make stuff for yourself, forget about using it to make money because a billion other people are going to he high level in that tradeskill too.

Money serves no purpose beyond buying a mount and armor repairs. everything is bind on pickup.

There is almost no death penalty at all, so there is no reason to avoid bad tactics or not do stupid things. You can throw yourself against an obstacal over and over untill you get lucky.

I finally got sick of it and went back to FFXI. Comparing other MMOs to WoW is not a fair comparison because they are really two different markets. The vast majority of people who play WoW would not have purchased an MMO otherwise and it is designed with them in mind and not hardcore MMO players. So it's no wonder that the latter get bored and leave after a few months. I have a feeling though that in 2 years WoW will be where Starcraft and Diablo II is now. The people currently playing WoW are not long term hardcore MMOers and will eventually move on to the next latest greatest thing.

I played WoW for about 2 months, hit cap and found out that all there really was to do at endgame was PVP and raid Molten Core over and over and over and over.

I never did like instances, they seem less real to me. There's no chance of just bumping into somone at random in a dungeon and teaming up to get somthing done or seeing somone else doing somthing else and wondering what that might be.

Crafting was poorly designed. No failure at all. You pick a craft to make stuff for yourself, forget about using it to make money because a billion other people are going to he high level in that tradeskill too.

Money serves no purpose beyond buying a mount and armor repairs. everything is bind on pickup.

There is almost no death penalty at all, so there is no reason to avoid bad tactics or not do stupid things. You can throw yourself against an obstacal over and over untill you get lucky.

I finally got sick of it and went back to FFXI. Comparing other MMOs to WoW is not a fair comparison because they are really two different markets. The vast majority of people who play WoW would not have purchased an MMO otherwise and it is designed with them in mind and not hardcore MMO players. So it's no wonder that the latter get bored and leave after a few months. I have a feeling though that in 2 years WoW will be where Starcraft and Diablo II is now. The people currently playing WoW are not long term hardcore MMOers and will eventually move on to the next latest greatest thing.

Come play Everquest with me.

Also, I have decided that I love rogues very much. My question is does it really matter where I should be putting my talent points? With other classes it's one or the other or the other, but with rogues it seems like variations of ways to deal high damage.

Subtlety or "Prep" (preparation) spec rogues are generally suited for PVP and ganking. All those improved cooldowns and abilities really come in handy for making huge bursts of damage and just nailing your opponent as quickly as possible. You will, of course, be Dagger-spec so you can get Backstab and Ambush. Sword spec rogues are more PVE oriented, and better against heavily armored targets, as their Sinister Strikes will be more powerful.

That's just what I know so far. I'm still levelling up my Rogue.

Money has lots of purposes, too - epic mounts, materials for crafting, librams.. but it's MAINLY useful as a means of trade with other players. I always need more money to get potions, trade goods, enchants, and so forth.

Also, I have decided that I love rogues very much. My question is does it really matter where I should be putting my talent points? With other classes it's one or the other or the other, but with rogues it seems like variations of ways to deal high damage.

It all depends on what you really want to do with a rogue. Are you on a PVP or a PVE server? If you are on a PVE server do you like to PVP alot?

You have many variations on rogue builds such as a 21/8/22 or a 31/8/12 or some form of combat builds. I am not a big fan of the combat build (I use a 21/8/22) but I won't lie that it is particularly good against plate wearing classes. I am a huge fan of 21/8/22 because of the flexibility Preperation gives you. Sure you relay on cooldowns a whole lot more (which sucks because you may have to wait 10 mins to duel someone again) but in BG PVP and world pvp Preperation is a good send. It really lets you turn a losing battle into a winning one. I suggest you browse through the rogue forums on the WoW site and look at some of the stickies to get a feel of what other builds you can toy around with.

Oh god no. Everquest is the Eye of Argon of MMOs. In fact if they were to ever publish Eye of Argon as a paperback the cover art would probably look a lot like EQ2's graphics. (Of couse we'd have other things to worry about at that point such as the apocalypse)

I'll stick with FFXI thanks.

Oh god no. Everquest is the Eye of Argon of MMOs. In fact if they were to ever publish Eye of Argon as a paperback the cover art would probably look a lot like EQ2's graphics. (Of couse we'd have other things to worry about at that point such as the apocalypse)

I'll stick with FFXI thanks.

If that was an insult directed towards EQ, it flew way above my head. Also ironically enough the apocalypse already happened before EQ2 takes place. Blew up the moon and everything.

I'm on a PvP server if that helps any (Darkspear), and I do plan on doing lots of PvP so I just may take zircon's advice and go prep. Looking through the skill tree it does seem very useful in terms of PvP.

Smolderthorn is where it's at. It's probably just about the most even server out there. It's like 1 alliance to 1.2 horde, and alliance is generally slightly more organized (especially since they combined all their top guilds into one). We can get some really good fights going. Like yesterday a few alliance 60s were wreaking havoc in STV so all the horde lowbies in the area banded together to hunt them down.

Have fun being the bitch of the Japanese in FFXI. You left a game that's still growing in endgame to go back to one where end-game consists of "Who gets the pull!" while you wait in that 21-24 timeframe.

Smart move.

Only if there's more than one OCR member playing that server.

See, the problem I have is that there are all these new players, and players that have MAINS around level 30 (or lower). To me, levelling a character to 30 is nothing. I made the mistake of not playing with all my friends on Shattered Hand because I had a character up to 25 and I thought that was SO HIGH.. and now I regret it. So just keep that in mind. ;)

Only if there's more than one OCR member playing that server.

See, the problem I have is that there are all these new players, and players that have MAINS around level 30 (or lower). To me, levelling a character to 30 is nothing. I made the mistake of not playing with all my friends on Shattered Hand because I had a character up to 25 and I thought that was SO HIGH.. and now I regret it. So just keep that in mind. ;)

Yeah, I found out that a bunch of my friends were playing on a different server after I had already bought my mount with my main. That pretty much settled the question of whether or not I was going to change servers or not.

1.7 just went live. Cant wait to PvP in Arathi Basin :D

Are hunters getting a free re-spec? If so, I really need to find the time and money to re-subscribe, because I really want to try out my new ideas for a hunter in the live game.

Yes. Yes they are. :D

Got mixed feelings about it - on the other hand, I can FINALLY not be marskman specced. On the other hand, they gave us a fistful of nerfs to go along with the generous helping of buffs we recieved. So long, mortal shots. We hardly knew ye.

Not a lot of changes. They basically got a new ability, a ranged attack spell that can only be cast if your target is below a certain amount of health - a ranged Execute if you will.

After some time thinking, I believe either Paladin or Preist would be best suited for me. However, I want to join the faction of the Alliance, BUT, I want to play with people who won't act like a bunch of retards. Now, the questions:

Which would be more highly valued? Priest or Paladin?

How well do they fare in PVP? PVE?

Would they be worth it to play as?

Oh, and I don't really care about how many Paladins there are. I could always go Priest. Oh, and I am on the Alleria server.

I want to play with people who won't act like a bunch of retards.

You're playing the wrong game son.

Which would be more highly valued? Priest or Paladin?

PvP? Paladin. PvE? Priest.

How well do they fare in PVP? PVE?

Not sure about priests (I've killed my fair share rogue-style), but paladins are near impossible to kill 1v1. They simply don't die.

Would they be worth it to play as?

I wanna say there really isn't a class in the game that's not worth playing, but for the sake of specification both classes are very enjoyable.

Zircon'll probably post longer, more indepth info though.

..Okay, that's true. What I meant was, people who won't rush into dangerous instances and battlegrounds while shouting some future internet slogan. Then again, I have low standards for the community in WoW...

..Okay, that's true. What I meant was, people who won't rush into dangerous instances and battlegrounds while shouting some future internet slogan. Then again, I have low standards for the community in WoW...

Oh, then you're ok. You'll find retards everywhere on the internet but thankfully the community's large enough to accomodate for everyone else.