World of Warcraft

aragornx45

I'll keep my original post way down below...i've gotten a lot of requests to create a running list of who's on what server...I apologize for letting the thread run so long without doing so...

pst me with your character's name and server and i'll add it to the list.

Server / OCRemix Name / Char Name / Race / Class /

Archimonde / Ramaniscence / ? / Tauren / ? /

Alleria / Raenok / ? / Orc / Shamen /

Balnazzar / GeckoYamori / Geckoyamori / Night Elf / Rogue /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / xinster / Undead / Mage /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / Xinister / Tauren / Druid /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / xinlink / Undead / Warlock /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / androgenisis / Tauren / Warrior /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / popdog / Undead / Priest /

Bleeding Hollow / xinster / xaeroth / Orc / Hunter /

Bloodhoof / Ethis / Ethis? / Troll / Hunter /

Darkspear / Beatdown / ? / ? / Rogue /

Daggerspine / Tamwyn / Deranus / Human / Rogue /

Durotan / xamgis / Hailfly / Gnome / Mage

Emerald Dream, EUR. / mecca / mecca? / ? / ? /

Frostmane / Blizihizake / Blizihizake / ? / ? /

Frostmane / Blizihizake / RoflesBurger / ? / ? /

Frostmourne / cheese-cube / Rashaverak / Undead / Mage

Gorefiend / Zircon / Zircon? / Horde / ? /

Gurubashi / Sir Arek the Absolute / Mumbo / Troll / Warrior /

Illidian / RenoCovault / Anaericus / ? / ? /

Iliddian / Ramaniscence / ? / Troll / ? /

Kael-Thas/ GroundTrooper1130 / Icaerenus / ? / Mage/

Kalecgos / Blizihizake / Blizihizake / ? / ? /

Khaz'goroth / TheRedBob / Pyeikel / Night Elf / Rogue /

Maelstrom / Slut / Solitaire / ? / Paladin /

Maelstrom / Slut / Kattara / ? / Thief /

Shadowmoon / hamburgler / Aristh / Human / Paladin /

Shadowmoon / hamburgler / Maya / Night Elf / Druid /

Shadowmoon / M1N1M3 / Colrin / Tauren / Hunter /

Silvermoon / AragornX45 / Aragornx / Human / Mage /

Smolderthorn / Snooper_1989 / ? / Troll / Mage /

Smolderthorn / suzumebachi / Chuckster / Horde / ? /

Spinebreaker / xamgis / Screir / Troll / Rogue

Stormscale / Russell Cox / ? / Horde /

Twisting Nether / suzumebachi / mason / Human / Palidan /

Twisting Nether / The wingless/ True / ? / Warlock /

Twisting Nether / XxcastxX / Virgil / Night Elf / Hunter /

Twisting Nether / DJBren / Bugsi / Gnome / Rogue /

Let me know if something here is incorrect or if you want to be added.

Here's my original post...

Ok...so the game's been out for what, a year now? My brother bought the game a long time ago, but never played it because he didn't want to pay the monthly fee. About 3 weeks ago it was a crappy day and I had nothing to do for a few hours before going out to the bar. So I decided to install and use the 10 day trial...Needless to say, I was hooked.

The game is amazing and I wish that my computer was new enough so that I could enjoy the game's graphics at its best. However, besides the dungeons, the game seems to turn into little more than "Kill X amount of Y creatures" or "Collect X amount of Y materials" and return for a reward. There seems to be very little horde/alliance interaction. The proffessions often seem pointless as well as you can often find or loot items that are better than what you can create (with the exception of maybe alchemy). Despite this, I still love it and find myself wasting lots of my time playing WOW.

I was just curious to hear thoughts from those who have been playing WOW (or any MMORPG) for a couple months. What's it like at those upper levels when there isn't much left to do?

I played Guild Wars mostly through all the betas and events and was hooked for the time being. I eventually made a guild with a bunch of random people I met.

We did quite well for ourselves, placing in the top 50 of 2000 or so guilds. I'm not sure what guild battles are like right now, but we did over 50 battles at that guild hall map ( I don't know if they have more than one map now, forgive me).

The actual battles were quite intense and very fun.

I remember when I first played though, I thought it was some form of CTF, so our hole team ended up blitzing their base the hole round with one guy carrying the flag around screaming random shit, pretty funny at the time.

Great game nonetheless, a delightful and refreshing change over the usual mmorpg, although GW is more of an mmog than an mmorpg, game is still fun as hell.

I played Guild Wars mostly through all the betas and events and was hooked for the time being. I eventually made a guild with a bunch of random people I met.

We did quite well for ourselves, placing in the top 50 of 2000 or so guilds. I'm not sure what guild battles are like right now, but we did over 50 battles at that guild hall map ( I don't know if they have more than one map now, forgive me).

I remember when I first played though, I thought it was some form of CTF, so our hole team ended up blitzing their base the hole round with one guy carrying the flag around screaming random shit, pretty funny at the time.

Great game nonetheless, a delightful and refreshing change over the usual mmorpg, although GW is more of an mmog than an mmorpg, game is still fun as hell.

Hey just so you know, when you say the word 'hole' and you mean entire, it's spelled whole.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything; just letting you know.

Anyway, as far as MMOs go, I'm not a big player, but I played RO a long time ago during the alpha days, some of the beta, and on a few private servers. That game is filled with hat quests, but it was still pretty fun as far as the social aspect went.

Ok...so the game's been out for what, a year now? My brother bought the game a long time ago, but never played it because he didn't want to pay the monthly fee. About 3 weeks ago it was a crappy day and I had nothing to do for a few hours before going out to the bar. So I decided to install and use the 10 day trial...Needless to say, I was hooked.

The game is amazing and I wish that my computer was new enough so that I could enjoy the game's graphics at its best. However, besides the dungeons, the game seems to turn into little more than "Kill X amount of Y creatures" or "Collect X amount of Y materials" and return for a reward. There seems to be very little horde/alliance interaction. The proffessions often seem pointless as well as you can often find or loot items that are better than what you can create (with the exception of maybe alchemy). Despite this, I still love it and find myself wasting lots of my time playing WOW.

I was just curious to hear thoughts from those who have been playing WOW (or any MMORPG) for a couple months. What's it like at those upper levels when there isn't much left to do?

The upper levels are the most fun of all. Battlegrounds (two right now, three very soon), challenging instances (5man, 10man, 15, 40, and soon 20 as well), arena PVP, various forms of character-building such as farming for gear or materials for crafting.

Professions may seem useless at lower levels, but in actuality they are very useful. First Aid is amazing, for one thing, and Alchemy is great too (at any level). Blacksmithing produces some of the most formidable weapons in the game, such as Dawn's Edge, Arcanite Reaper, and Core Marksman Rifle. Tailoring creates bags, which are useful for ANYONE, as well as some pretty powerful high end robes and cloth gear. Same goes for leatherworking. And all of these things ultimately have epic recipes that are as good or better than similar drops. For instance, Belt of the Archmage is an epic cloth recipe from tailoring and it's one of the best belts in the game.

On a good PVP server you will always have some fun PVP encounters, particularly in groups. I can't even count the amount of times I've gone into an instance area like Dire Maul or Blackrock Spire and encountered a full alliance group. Hunting people in areas like Stranglethorn Vale is fun too, if you're into that sort of thing. Though personally, I prefer battlegrounds since they are designed specifically for PVP combat.

I've only grown to like the game more and more since I've hit level 60. Once you complete the "grind" you get access to all sorts of fun areas. It's just a blast to be coordinating strategies in Warsong Gulch in real time over Ventrilo as you're playing the game. It's great.

Hey just so you know, when you say the word 'hole' and you mean entire, it's spelled whole.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything; just letting you know.

Anyway, as far as MMOs go, I'm not a big player, but I played RO a long time ago during the alpha days, some of the beta, and on a few private servers. That game is filled with hat quests, but it was still pretty fun as far as the social aspect went.

Ahh. None taken. Thanks!

I play-tested it for 8 months. The first few weeks of exploration are always fun, in any high-budget MMOG. But WoW really shows its ugly side once you get a couple months into it, moreso than most MMOGs I've played. The systems used, like instancing, fast travel time, and having almost no death penalty really cheapen (spoil) the game. It's still unanimously, somewhat "fun" up till level 20, at which point the free trial ends for a reason.

MMORPGs have been done far better.

End game EQ1 (pre Luclin) was loads of fun, especially with guilds. There were tons of fun raid zones and difficult mobs to bring down, plus arenas on non PvP servers for people to do whatever. My old guild used to set up all sorts of tournaments with each other by class type (tanks, melee, casters, healers) or do something stupid like getting totally shitfaced and running from one city to another on foot. Whenever we got bored with that we'd just gather up and find a spot to go.

One of our favorite places to go was the Tower of Frozen Shadow, a seven story tower with an extremly mean vampire at the very top and some interesting shit along the way including an undead wedding and library. Some of the best times are getting to like the fourth level and realizing someone left a key behind or watching a guildie fall into a pit of doom for the 8th time. I do have to say a lot of the fun in MMORPG's is what you and your friends make of it. Boy did we have fun.

There is TONS of horde/alliance interaction in a PVP server. Almost to the point it annoys me 8O It can get hard to level in some zones but I've sworn revenge on those damned horde. Being a part of raids is very fun, and when I reach 50+ I'm going to run my own damn raid and make those hordes' lives miserable after they've made me waste a few hours of my time camping my corpse when I was just trying to kill a few more monsters in that zone. If anybody on Kalecgos wants to raid, gimme a pst my name is Blizihizake. I swear man. Whenever I run through the barrens and see all the pvp enabled low levels running like hell from me, I just wave at them and dance at them. But nooo, the ?? hordes that come to our land just gotta zerg and camp.

Oh well. It adds a different aspect to the game, and gives me a sort of incentive to get to a higher level.

I bought this game about a month and a half ago and have been playing it non-stop whenever I get the chance. I found that the game starts to get tedious during the 20-30 levels, unfortunately. But after you hit the 30s and are close to recieving a mount all while unlocking horribly more powerful skills and talents through your talent tree, the game picks back up again. I can't wait until I can make myself some Truefaith Vestments and pick up the Benediction staff. I will definately be one sexy undead manbeast with those.

Oh yeah, you can't forget about those Night Elf babes either. They're all ...babe-ish and stuff. :D

Oh yeah' date=' you can't forget about those Night Elf babes either. They're all ...babe-ish and stuff. :D[/quote']

Got that straight!

You are the kind of players I make the most fun of, the 12 year old - famale night elf playing ones.. I am glad the horde are ugly hardecore G's, so we don't get the shitty pvpers on our side.

Oh yeah' date=' you can't forget about those Night Elf babes either. They're all ...babe-ish and stuff. :D[/quote']

Got that straight!

You are the kind of players I make the most fun of, the 12 year old - famale night elf playing ones.. I am glad the horde are ugly hardecore G's, so we don't get the shitty pvpers on our side.

To be honest, i don't own a Night Elf, because i'm strictly Horde. And uhm, learn to spell, would ya? Thanks..

Got that straight!

Yay for generalizations!

Eh, WoW gets boring at the end. Specially if your a rogue.. theres liek 40k of you out there, people dont like rogues =(. but it can be fun if your in a good guild. i still play it a few hours a week, just not as much as i did long ago

Eh, WoW gets boring at the end. Specially if your a rogue.. theres liek 40k of you out there, people dont like rogues =(. but it can be fun if your in a good guild. i still play it a few hours a week, just not as much as i did long ago

Yea it does get boring as their is not much to do especially if you are in a raiding guild. Practically all I log on for now is when we raid Molten Core, Onyxia or any of the outdoor raid bosses. I hope that the new Arathi Basin is fun as WSG has got stale.

End game EQ1 (pre Luclin) was loads of fun, especially with guilds. There were tons of fun raid zones and difficult mobs to bring down, plus arenas on non PvP servers for people to do whatever. My old guild used to set up all sorts of tournaments with each other by class type (tanks, melee, casters, healers) or do something stupid like getting totally shitfaced and running from one city to another on foot. Whenever we got bored with that we'd just gather up and find a spot to go.

One of our favorite places to go was the Tower of Frozen Shadow, a seven story tower with an extremly mean vampire at the very top and some interesting shit along the way including an undead wedding and library. Some of the best times are getting to like the fourth level and realizing someone left a key behind or watching a guildie fall into a pit of doom for the 8th time. I do have to say a lot of the fun in MMORPG's is what you and your friends make of it. Boy did we have fun.

Holy crap, I think I find myself agreeing with Beatdown.

Take those 2 months or so in EQ between level 50 and the planes opening up. You could not imagine all the crazy stuff I did to entertain myself because the engine let me.

It's all about what you are capable of coming up with, not what is spoonfed to you by the devs. That's another thing I dislike about WoW. Whenever something new comes out in a patch, they tell you what you have to do IN GREAT DETAIL rather than let you have at it.

I like to use my brain to come up with my own solution, but I find WoW too restrictive for my style (too well-tested, contrived, constricive). It's subtle, and most people don't know any better anyway, so they don't care.

Yea it does get boring as their is not much to do especially if you are in a raiding guild. Practically all I log on for now is when we raid Molten Core, Onyxia or any of the outdoor raid bosses. I hope that the new Arathi Basin is fun as WSG has got stale.

Yeah but MC can only be fun for like the first few times.. then its like " wow, 6 hours staring at a bunch of rocks and lava" heh. sleazy what do you play and on which server?

Eh, I find MC to be fun. It's still challenging for my guild so we wipe a lot of times if we don't have our shit together. It's not farm status. Running 5man instances like Scholo or Strat is often challenging as well, and I certainly have a lot of fun in Warsong and AV (I'm playing my 5th guild CTF game right now).

As far as I know, BWL isn't "cracked" yet - even the best guilds are still trying to figure out how to do it. Bliz is very good about adding new, fun content.

Eh, I find MC to be fun. It's still challenging for my guild so we wipe a lot of times if we don't have our shit together. It's not farm status. Running 5man instances like Scholo or Strat is often challenging as well, and I certainly have a lot of fun in Warsong and AV (I'm playing my 5th guild CTF game right now).

As far as I know, BWL isn't "cracked" yet - even the best guilds are still trying to figure out how to do it. Bliz is very good about adding new, fun content.

Yeah MC was fun til i seen the same bosses drop.. still trying to get rag though. Our guys fire Resist isnt high enough imo. idk about your server but Alliance on sargeras Refuses to work together most of the time in AV so we usually lose, but when we TO group we own it badly, then of course the horde claims exploits lol. and horde never play CTF with us on WSG these days, we're good at that too. heh yeah smaller high end groups are fun tho. 15man UBRS is just overkill i think. my guild usually does it with 10 if we have the right classes on. alot of fun. For the most part WoW is alot of fun, but ive been playing since release, so some of its a bit old. But Zul Gurub will be extremely hot. oh man i wish i could find the link with its loot.. hawt

I quit Warcraft at one point... Then my GF got me to play it again. Now I have a level 60 and I couldn't be more bored even if the game was done in black and white.

I can't do anything in this game. I can't randomly go around shouting profanties because alot of people are community "watch dogs". I can't use creative ways to skip parts of a dungeon. I can't even kill people at random either... Including people on the same team.

On a positive side, the game is fairly easy to pick up and play. Proffesions can keep you occupied as you try to get that "cool" item.

Wow that was long.

Yeah, I hit level 60, and then comes the dreaded question that plagues MMORPG's... "Now what?"

My guild is great, so for them, I still play it once and a while, like on Friday or Saturday when I don't have any plans and feel like sitting in my armchair for some instances. I don't want to go at those things too quickly, otherwise they could get really boring quickly as I have heard many people say. But that's what keeps me playing--a good group of friends.

Whenever something new comes out in a patch, they tell you what you have to do IN GREAT DETAIL rather than let you have at it.

Oh I fucking hate that about most MMO's these days. They throw out some great adventure then either tell you in the updates where to go/what to do or post a big ol guide on their website/forums like a day later. That's one of the things I love the most about Everquest, 90% of everything in the game is discovered and circulated strictly by players. When they add new content they just give you some lore, tell you a general direction and say "go". Even when you see guides or walkthroughs, they're either posted by players or paraphrased from people or guilds who know these things through experience.

Again, when Blackwing Lair was released, no info was given about it. People are still trying to figure it out, and apparently having a lot of fun doing so. It's like Molten Core was.

The thing is, you have people like Gamelor bitching that it's too "well-tested". Then, when bugs come out, or difficulty problems arise (eg. the best guilds can't even get a boss down to 99% after trying for weeks), people bitch. Blizzard can't win.

Yeah but MC can only be fun for like the first few times.. then its like " wow, 6 hours staring at a bunch of rocks and lava" heh. sleazy what do you play and on which server?

I play on Earthen Ring! Carebear for the win! (Friends picked this one and I came after them so meh -- Do have some alts on PVP servers though)