Would anyone be interested in one day working together to make a Sonic CD OC Remix album?

Ringworm128

I'm along way off being able to put this together. But I was simply curios to see if anyone is willing to help me out on this.

Track List:

Track 1 Toot Toot Sonic Warrior

Track 2 Sonic Boom.

Track 3 Palm Tree Panic (JP) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIAF1t5FR78

Track 4 Palm Tree Panic Bad Future (JP) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWjt8CdMpM

Track 5 Palm Tree Panic Bad Future (USA)

Track 6 Boss Theme (JP)

Track 7 Boss Theme (USA)

Track 8 Collision Chaos (JP)

Track 9 Tidal Tempest (JP)

Track 10 Tidal Tempest (JP) Bad Future

Track 11 Tidal Tempest (USA)

Track 12 Quartz Quadrant (USA)

Track 13 Wacky Workbench (JP) Bad Future

Track 14 Stardust Speedway (USA)

Track 15 Stardust Speedway (JP)Good Future

Track 16 Stardust Speedway (JP)Bad Future

Track 17 Stardust Speedway (USA) Bad Future (reserved)

Track 18 Metallic Madness (JP)

Track 19 Metallic Madness (USA) Bad Future

Track 20 Final Boss (JP)

Track 21 Ending (JP)

What do you think of my choice of tracks?

Click Edit, then Go Advanced, there you can change the thread title.

Let me caution you about making a big project. You've got 21 tracks listed there. You'll have a more manageable project if you aim for a single disc's worth of music. If it balloons to more than one disc, that's cool, but it's easier to start small.

As for "helping you out", what exactly are you looking for, and what exactly can you do yourself? A project will typically do better if contributors have faith in the project lead's ability to either get ppl on board and keep things moving and/or to make mixes himself/herself.

All that said, you're approaching this with a "fishing for interest first" approach. That's good. :D

Click Edit, then Go Advanced, there you can change the thread title.

Let me caution you about making a big project. You've got 21 tracks listed there. You'll have a more manageable project if you aim for a single disc's worth of music. If it balloons to more than one disc, that's cool, but it's easier to start small.

As for "helping you out", what exactly are you looking for, and what exactly can you do yourself? A project will typically do better if contributors have faith in the project lead's ability to either get ppl on board and keep things moving and/or to make mixes himself/herself.

All that said, you're approaching this with a "fishing for interest first" approach. That's good. :D

Yeah this is definitely a fishing for interest thing, but I will be planning this out until I can actually start on this. I suppose I should shorten down the track list but I can't decide what I should drop or keep, Any suggestions? When it comes to me directing I will probably just leave who ever wants to join to whatever they want but I will leave suggestions and maybe put some input in from time to time and unless it's unwanted I will be writing lyrics for some of the songs. I do however want to direct the artwork and album title. Though what I choose for album artwork and the album title will be based of what other people choose.

Album cover ideas:

A frontal view of Metal Sonic recolored to look like a Sega CD with the jet turbine in the middle of him changed to look like a music CD or Vinyl record.

Idea 2: Picture of a Sega CD made to look like a Gramorphone.

Idea 3 Picture of the road used in Stardust Speedway with a musical staff placed on it.

Album title ideas:

Stardust Soundwave.

Sounds of Stardust Speedway.

Toot Toot Sonic Boom.

What do you think of those artwork and title ideas?

Also I suppose I should tell why I came up with this idea, Sonic CD is a cult classic adored for it's levels and game play and it's time travel concept and the fact it introduces fan favorites Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, it is also adored for it's music. And the fact it has two different OST's for America and Japan has pulled even more attention to the OST's of the game. I also noticed that there are pretty much no remix's on this site for Sonic CD. So it would be great musical exercise for this sites creative minds. And after albums such as Project Chaos and The Sound of Speed A Sonic CD album seems like the next logical step.

I think you should limit it to either US or JP (if it were JP it could be Sonic CD: Tokyo Mix), but I'd love to do it

EDIT: EXCEPT SONIC BOOM. NO MATTER HOW THE ALBUM IS MADE, WE PUT IN SONIC BOOM. I CALL SONIC BOOM.

No, I definitely want the concept of the album to be a mix of both the US and Japanese music. And yes, Sonic Boom stays no matter what. EDIT: The net at my place will be turned off soon for 10 to 20 days. So by the time I return hopefully I will have enough music skills and the right software to get this started (depending on whether anyone is interested or not).

i think you should limit it to either us or jp (if it were jp it could be sonic cd: Tokyo mix), but i'd love to do it

edit: Except sonic boom. No matter how the album is made, we put in sonic boom. I call sonic boom.

Not unless i'm working with you on it your not!

• 1 month later...