OCR02456 - Final Fantasy "Just Passing Through"

djpretzel

we're going to continue celebrating the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy with at LEAST one album from a later game in the series before the year is out.

Yeeeeesssss. That makes me so happy.

Anyway, back to the mix. This was definitely one of my faves from the album, which - in spite of my noted dislike of metal - I found myself thoroughly enjoying as a whole album. Didn't mind the repetitive nature of the second half, because - as Brandon assured us we could - I was so busy headbangin' that I didn't notice.

I don't know why, but the sentimentality of this track brings back a mourning sensation for the past 8 months worth of celebrity deaths that the media directed the public's attention. Even if it's just the sentimental aspects, I still don't see any logic in my own mindset about this track.

There's going to be at least 1 more in O-Clocked's Arrangement Album roster before New Year's? I'm calling it right here: Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors Water, and the not-yet-titled Final Fantasy II album.

and the not-yet-titled Final Fantasy II album.

Final Fantasy 2 album is called Rebellion

It will -- unfortunately -- probably not feature Ben Briggs. He wasn't feeling the tunes and mellogear stepped in to fill his spot. I really like "Just Passing Through" because it reminds me of BB's old style before he went all dead-mousey and electro-house or whatnot. I liked BB's style, and halc's style, before the dubstep phase came to town. So this is a really enjoyable song and I am very glad we had the opportunity to have this on the album.

A nice mix of the iconic town theme - it turns a bit partyesque about midway through. I would have loved it to shift gears and go full out party mode as a song, but I can see why it doesn't do anything radical like that as part of the album. What's here is solid, fairly conservative, and a nice chiptune hybrid that's characteristic in a lot of ways of what to expect from Ben, although on the tamer side.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02456 - Final Fantasy "Just Passing Through"