*NO* Final Fantasy 'Ye Towne'

djpretzel

Hi, im a new ReMixer. Call me Darmak, or Dar for short.

I have made a mix of one particular game, Final Fantasy 1 (like the world needs another...)

But when I was fooling around with some effects this came up, a cool, rhythmic beat

to the town theme of FF1. Mixed with some techno beat, this thing is great :D

I always loved OC remix and wanted to be a part of it so... here it is n.n

hope you like it. It is the result of a devious thought, with limited resources to create the remix. an

old copy of Sound Foundry's Acid 4.0.

File is attached, 3.63 MB, 3:04 long, MP3 format.

~Thanks!

P.S. By the way, I love the radio station at ormgas! I always have it on.

~OCRemix supporter, Darmak

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/ff1.zip - Track 2

Nah. Sounds are straight up MIDI-grade, thin and beginner-ish. No texture at all. Arrangement is limited with some tacky/default-y beats. Transition at 1:46 was non-existent. No sound balance at all. It's almost LOL that it's encoded at at 164kbps VBRI, considering how bad the sound quality/atmosphere is.

You can't just wanna send something in; you've got to practice and get good at it. If you're a regular listener to Ormgas, you should already know this stuff doesn't cut it on any level. Wanna get decent over time? ReMixing/Works. Keep at it, I suppose. Definitely not YE.

NAY

Man, Nobuo uses this theme in almost every credits-style piece of music he makes in the latest games and other tracks he does. It was even in Advent Children.

As for the track, it starts out pretty much the same style that Nobuo himself went in his latest versions with the orchestral sound, except this is much poorer quality, and launches into some pretty basic sounding quality. I have to agree with larry that the high encoding was a little bit too generous to the sound quality of this mix.

The arrangement is interesting though, it sounds like you're just lacking experience in this field, with some work and effort, better samples and effects, I'm sure you'll come up with some better remixes for the site. Keep it up.

NO

Ouch.. sound quality here is AWFUL!! Please go and look for some better sounds. There are plenty of free ones. Also read my tutorials in the ReMixing forum (they are stickied, so they'll be right at the topic) on realistic instrumentation, making drum grooves, etc. This is very similar to the original in just about every way, except you added some sort of bland percussion. Why is it panned to the left later on? Don't do that. :) Also, try adding your own flavor to the mix. Original material, variations, new progressions.. just play with it and have fun, give it your OWN spin.

For a first effort, it's about the same as my first effort, so don't feel bad. Keep at it.

NO