*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & 3 'Liquid Nitrogen'

djpretzel

email sub file nitrous.mp3

ReMixer name: X0-000

UserID: I think it's 30051.

Name of games remixed: Sonic 2 & 3

Name of songs remixed: Chemical Plant Zone & Ice Cap Zone

Comments: So... I decided to remix Chemical Plant and Ice Cap together, because I thought it went pretty well together. A key change later, I was working on it. Don't know what else to add.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 12 "Icecap Zone 1"

http://www.zophar.net/gym/sonic2.rar - Chemical Plant Zone

Decent stuff, although the sounds are really generic. Nonetheless, the groove bias is there. The melodic synth lead was really thin; it doesn't give any depth to the track. That little "bird tweet" effect that hangs on the melody's notes starting at :54 is slightly piercing. The piano playing the Chemical Plant Zone at 1:22 is MIDI-grade and VERY quiet. Punch it up more, and beef up the piano with some effects. It taints other parts of the track with its robotic application.

The constant percussion/kick/bass synth groove starting at 1:22 gets tired by 2:10 or so; you've gotta to change the feel up a bit, but also do it sooner. Work to provide contrast so that the listener isn't burnt out on the idea so soon. Chemical Plant theme is brought in again at 2:17, before going back to Ice Cap later on.

The barely-changing groove and basic synth design wears thin after a while. The groove elements generally overshadow the melodic content too much. Some of it needs to be scaled back to allow the arrangement to shine more. Decent, but it would need a fair amount of work to refine things and polish it up.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

this is a few steps above the kind of instant-rejection fodder and a step above the FL noob stuff we get.

unfotunately that doesn't put this anywhere close to the bar.

this is the work of a novice or an adequate musician making a token effort at eurodance.

let's see some more creativity, or at your preference: better execution.

no

• 2 weeks later...

Such ridiculously repetitive percussion; that snare fill get overused really quickly.

Sounds are pretty generic; the lead in particular sounds really weak, especially when Chemical Plant Zone comes in. Hard to hear it.

This whole song is pretty repetitive. It doesn't really build at all; right off the bat the energy level is pretty much set in stone; it plataeus really early.

Needs more creativity and better execution.

NO