djpretzel

Remixer: DJ Crono

Song Name: Angel's Wings

Game: Chrono Trigger

Theme: Zeal Theme/Chrono Curcuits

LYRICS:

"Angel's Wings"

Copyright 2005 Jovette Rivera

I know by now, that somewhere among the sea, I'll find my way, and one day I will be free, I'll bide my time, until it's all so clear to me, You stole my angel's wings, Nagai yoru ni mou anata wa mienai...

CHORUS

Yume no naka de hirogaru sekai

Yugami tsuzukeru toki

Ude no naka de hirogaru sekai

Kimi dake wo mitta

RAP

If we could see, we could only believe, what was to never deceive, but here we are in brief moment- If we could hear, we would never know fear, some choose to listen but still, you got to look in the mirror, own it- I see red, I see blue, but the same silver lining gradually takes over when the morning begin I'll be the next chapter You gotta believe you'll be the one to make it after.

Sayonara sae ienai mama ni

Kimi no nukumori wo sagashite iru....

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Corridors of Time" (ct-3-04.spc)

Track's already too loud just to start off and some stuff is distorting with some blistering stuff. This track could retain its power and agressiveness without this ridiculous volume.

Lyrics come in at :59. The male vocals are decent, but losing pitch/off-key on occasion. The female backing vocals were worked in very well, but the balance between the vocals and music is shitty. The snappy beats are fairly basic, but (mentally removing the volume/balance issues) the texture turns out decent and there were a lot of creative things going on here. Track could still use some additional instrumentation to fill out the soundfield.

It's amazing how an otherwise good mix is trashable thanks to stuff that can be relatively easily addressed, because the arrangement is pulled off fairly well.

No way it'll ever pass until this is fixed up, but once it is, this would be an easy YES. Nice work on the arrangement, Jovette and company; its really some excellent stuff on that level, and you did a good job of not losing focus on the source material like some of your more recent subs. Just fix this up for the peeps.

NO (resubmit)

I gotta agree with Larry. I LOVE the style here, the lyrics, the vocal style, and the arrangement. But the implementation is absolutely awful! There is TONS of clipping all over, the vocals at times are practically distorted, etc. Please fix these volume and mixing/mastering issues, because this is such an awesome mix. If you clean it up, I'll easily YES this.

NO

As already mentioned, this track is awfully loud. Needs some better mastering to be more subtle than this. The drums are a bit too abrupt for me, Some longer samples would fit well rather than these quick stabby ones.

As for the lyrics. Just listening through without reading anything, they sound out of place to me. Out of tune in areas. With some better mastering on the track, they might sound a bit more in place.

Personally, I think this just feels a little too empty, like it needs some heavier instruments to go with the drums and acoustic guitar.

Work on balancing this stuff out better and this would probably be a yes, as mentioned.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

nice attempt at some flamenco-like acoustic guitar sequencing.

i like the vocoding.

i also like the original and how it's used.

the blending of the different musical elements comes together most of the time, other times my ears are left trying to make sense of what i'm hearing.

forget it, just do these 2 things:

remix. remaster.

this is a mixing/mastering nightmare.

no