Contact Information

Remixer name: GlassSkinned

Email:

Submission Information

Name of game arranged: Touhou Hisouten: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (

Name of arrangement: As Peaceful As Gensokyo

Name of song arranged: Argue for and Against

Original composer: Junya Ota (ZUN)

This is my first attempt to make a kind-of-like Japanese music. Also, it's somewhat repetitive, in my opinion. It's supposed to be loopable after all.

• 1 month later...

The lack of realism in the string instrument sequencing handling the lead was unfortunate. Whatever plucked instrument got thrown in at :26 sounded dissonant through 1:00, so I'm not sure that was the right move. Once the writing of whatever instrument that was at 1:09 came in, this was basically over as far as the call. The potential here is cool, but there's too much clashing writing dropped into the picture.

The arrangement of the theme wasn't particularly interpretive besides adapting it to this instrument set and looping it for too long; then adding two parts with original writing ideas that didn't click with the source melody at all. Too much looping, not enough realism in the lead part, and not enough development of the source tune. The ending also unceremoniusly cuts off.

See what you can do to develop the ideas a lot further and improve the cohesion.

NO

Larry, while harsh, is pretty much on in this call. I think there's a good base in the idea and instruments you are using, but there's almost no development once you establish the sounds. I'd love to hear some harmony and countermelodies, and have instrumentation/structure change throughout to add more variety and interest in the mix.

There's a lot of work to be done here, but I think there's some good ideas to start with established. Listen to some of the most recently posted mixes and see how they develop their arrangements to get some inspiration.

NO

This whole mix is just on auto-pilot the whole way through. Plucked string is supposed to be in the background, so why is it the loudest thing? It's also completely exposed by itself like that.

Everything sits around the same range; there are no low/bass parts, just strings in the middle and flute in the middle. Everything gets mashed up because you just layer the parts over each other without any attention given to balancing the instruments.

There's also not nearly enough material here to justify it being nearly four minutes long.

Needs a lot of work.

NO