I need your Greenlight votes!

Flexstyle

Anyone who's been following my Facebook page knows that I've been working for the last few months on a video game soundtrack for the guys over at Vexel Games.

Well, the game is finally on Steam Greenlight (for PC/Mac/Linux!), and I would be honored if you could take the time to upvote it. The link is >>HERE<<, and I can personally vouch for the excellence (and addictive-ness) of this game, Trace Vector. It's fun, it's fast-paced, and it's shiny in a very "neon-lights-in-an-arcade" sort of way. Basically awesome, is what I'm trying to say.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :-D

This looks great! I love how many people are doing fresh HD takes on retro. And the description mentioned an evolving soundtrack. On what level is it procedural? Individual notes, or does the game add and subtract layers to match tension? Either way, sounds really nice!

Basically, an element is added to the music every time you progress through a level in a certain area. There are twelve areas, each with six levels, so you get six iterations of each song. The transitions are seamless, so you'll just hear it as a new melody or percussion line (or something) added to the sound as you go.

Gameplay looks a ... little bit confusing, but I like the visuals and the music.

I think the devs will be explaining this further, but the basic premise is you have two choices of direction to go at any given time. Use the up and down arrow keys (or left and right arrow keys) to choose which side of the fork you'll take, and if everything is coming at you too quickly, you use the spacebar to slow down. Slowing down does use up precious fuel resources, so use the slowdown wisely.

I've been able to play through the game while it's been in development the entire time I've been on the project, and it's a lot of fun and rather addictive! :-D