Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

So after a long time waiting in pain and agony in anticipation of this game, I am glad I've finally got to play and finish it.

At first when it was announced I was skeptical because they spoke of it as a spin-off, and that it had nothing to do with the Metal Gear Solid franchise. But as they went on about the game it surfaced that it was canon after all and was more of an after-math kind of game, and this really pumped me up!

Now that I've experienced it I gotta say, I'm impressed, it's got one of the best parry systems I've ever experienced in a game. And it really rewards you for mastering it. And what I especially love about it is that just about ANYTHING regardless of enemy size can be blocked. And best of all, finally a action game where you can block everything the bosses do.

I felt that the gameplay was stellar in many ways, not quite as good as Devil May Cry / Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden 2 combo wise, but it's right up there with them. A SOLID 4th place.

It's got tons of replay value as well which I was surprised by, a lot of unlockables etc. Skins and weapons to get.

Did anyone else get the game yet? What are your thoughts?

i dont know much about this title, or the mgs series in general. but i do know the first god of war game let you "guard impact" bosses. it was a bitch, but if you mastered it, playing the game on the hardest setting, wasnt as impossible as it otherwise wouldve been. and then the creators got wise and took out the gaurd impact feature. thusly, i NEVER played a god of war game in god mode EVER again after that.

Glad to see others enjoy it as much as I do! I am trying to beat revengeance mode but woooooo I am struggling, trying to avoid using the fox blade. The sai is growing on me more and more though, I am getting addicted to its stun effect on the bigger enemies.

I am also looking forward to the Jetstream Sam DLC!

I don't care for graphic violence in games, but one thing MGR has going for it is the soundtrack. The character themes are not only musically interesting, but the lyrics for the vocal sections are crafted with the characters in mind. I thought that was pretty well done as it allows some insights into the characters without directly injecting exposition into the main game which may slow it down.