FFV: The Fabled Warriors ~ II. WATER - The Red Mage

DarkeSword

The Red Mage is a Fabled Warrior that channels the healing powers of white magic and the destructive powers of black magic to support her allies and annihilate her enemies. With a crimson cape, high-heeled boots, and a feather in her hat, she enters the battlefield with a suave confidence.

I'm looking for a Red Mage track for the second volume of The Fabled Warriors. Stylistically, I want something that melds acoustic sounds (White Magic) with electronic sounds (Black Magic). It should be a remix of Unknown Lands.

If you are interested in doing this track for me, send me a WIP that's at least two minutes long by April 6th, 2013. I will take submissions from anyone (regardless of whether you are a posted remixer or not) and I will evaluate and choose the piece I like the best.

Don't post the WIPs publicly; send it to me via PM.

Thanks guys.

I want to enter this, but does the song have to be done by midnight tonight? Can it just be a wip? (maybe even with midi sounds)

Once I have it written I can record it pretty fast. But I won't get home from work until 2:30pm and then I will want to sleep, for a loooooooong time...

I hope I can get at least a chance to do this. I think I could make a pretty neat little acoustic/electronic thing. I would hate to make a whole song, and maybe be done by like, April 14th, or after midnight, but be barred from this :cry:

Overall I find it odd that not many people have expressed interest in this. Is it because everyone already has a crap ton of projects under works or folks just haven't seen this thread? If I wasn't on it already, I'd be thrilled to try auditioning for the next Fabled Warriors! Don't people care that much anymore or what is it? :/

For my part, FF V is one of my favorite games and soundtracks; however, I have no experience with electronic music. If someone wanted to handle that part, I would be more than happy to come up with the other half.

I second everything you said. Maybe there's not enough fans of the game and its soundtrack among ocr artists?

But I don't think Darke would let me try this even if I could, so lol.

Schedule thing for me personally. I did turn something in though, but it's suuuuuuper midi. It'll be amazing when it's done, I can understand if it doesn't "win" due to being a midi, then I'd slap it up on youtube and hopefully people would like it. I kinda wanna be involved in the album though. FF5 is the only SNES FF I actually finished.

And honestly DarkeSword, even if it doesn't win, and you'd still be open to accepting it in a few days, that would rock. I need to sleep and work tomorrow, but I'm committed to finishing this! :-D