Mega Man 9 + Megaman & Bass = Cold Tornado

Funny, zircon did the same thing, except with Mega Man 9's Cold Man Stage theme.

Singing has room for improvement. Feels strained or shaky sometimes. Occasional wrong notes. "Needs" a falsetto YEAHHHHHHHHH.

Nice guitar tone. 3:28 pads/bells are noticeably dry. Needs reverb & delay. Sources seem integrated pretty well, in the vocals.

Edited by timaeus222

Funny, zircon did the same thing, except with Mega Man 9's Cold Man Stage theme.

Singing has room for improvement. Feels strained or shaky sometimes. Occasional wrong notes. "Needs" a falsetto YEAHHHHHHHHH.

Nice guitar tone. 3:28 pads/bells are noticeably dry. Needs reverb & delay. Sources seem integrated pretty well, in the vocals.

Hmm, I may have overdone the vibrato and intentional grit in some places.

Also, it has several "Falsetto" "yeaaas" toward the middle of the song. So... I think it's good on that.

Ahhh, good catch on the bell pad there I will have to give it some verb (I actually think I left it dry focusing on everything else)

Cold Man is from MM&B. Zircon did the same thing because he and Cyril were matched up against each other.

yes

Edited by Cyril the Wolf

Cold Man is from MM&B. Zircon did the same thing because he and Cyril were matched up against each other.

I didn't play Mega Man 9. I was gonna say, I couldn't find Cold Man in the Mega Man 9 OST, and I was a bit confused. I did at first write "By any chance, did you go up against zircon?".

Edited by timaeus222

• 3 weeks later...
Why is the lead vocal stereo widened? I don't know why people do that. Ditch the widener and add some more compression. Vox also seem quite pitchy in areas.

I like the sound of stereo widened/doubled vocals. They are also almost compressed into a brick so... I could probably narrow it but I'll chalk that up to preference tbh. (I can cite plenty of professional productions that use similar techniques)

Regardless: Where is the pitchiness I'm caught in that "heard it so many times I can't tell" zone.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry man, you gotta redo at least some of vocals. Your intonation is all over the place, and I'm not sure you'll be very happy with the emotional performance you're doing. There's a few places where the vocals just seem awkward to sing, emphasizing the wrong syllable or the wrong word. It gets better when you start screaming.

What does that say about your indoor voice? :P

A protip I've heard is to sing to a piano accompaniment, simply because the piano timbre makes it easier to hit the right notes.

The music is a little weird. The sax is a really weird choice for a lead here. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's weird. Here, at least. It might be a detriment, but if you get the rest of the track, mainly the vocals working, I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

The overall production is okay. The 3:30 break could use some touching up. There's some timing problems and I'm not sure about the mix there. The louder parts seem better balanced.

Wouldn't pass this. Could be great, but still needs work.