Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii

BardicKnowledge

I've played through the first two worlds of this amazing hack, and wanted to let other people know about it. http://www.newerteam.com/

A team of people have made their own fan-made sequel to NSMB Wii, and it looks better, sounds nicer, and plays smoother than the original game -- an improvement on every front. I especially am pumped that the Hammer Suit returns from Super Mario Bros. 3! Best of all, you can save at any point without having to finish it, so those of you (like me) that can only play a level or two at a time are good to go.

For those of you that can already run homebrew stuff on your Wii, go get this immediately. For those of you that don't have a homebrew enabled Wii, there is an option in the install guide (on the website) that will get you up and running without having to install ANYTHING to your Wii, so that even those of you worried about breaking your system (which is difficult to do as long as you follow the instructions) can get in on the action.

My favorite thing thus far is either the improved world map or the leaf effects in the first secret world. Let me know what you guys think if there's anyone else here playing through this new hack!

I've been playing this for about a week now, I love it! I love all the secret worlds and the return of several other Mario items/enemies (i.e. hammer suit, shy guys, etc), the custom graphics are great, the level design is fantastic, and it's challenging but not too hard. I enjoy the music although I feel like it's a little underproduced.

I'm currently in world 4 and just found its secret world...