Finished - 10/6

http://sonic-elements.com/Mega_Man_X_-_Death_from_Above.mp3

Remix: Updated 8-19 + Resubbed

http://sonic-elements.com/Mega_Man_X_-_Death_from_Above_OLD_8-19.mp3

Source:

Original Submission:

https://soundcloud.com/shaun-wallace-2/megaman-x-death-from-above

Edited by avaris

Hi, I don't have a lot of experience with the technical stuff so I'll leave that to someone else but I'm going to give you my opinion as a simple listener.

I think you have built a solid "core" but its lacking/missing something. Although you have some degree of variation in your song i think that it is too repetitive. I think that you can expand on your ReMix. Maybe have a section where you go all out, do a solo with some instrument and bring in more of your personal touch/creativity.

Once again, this is just my view on it. I hope it helps you and good luck :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

This is actually a ridiculous song to try and arrange. It's basically 1 short riff when you look at it. Only 2 chords. I feel if I change it anymore it won't be recognizable. Don't really want a Synth solo with legato. It's a departure for what I wanted to do with the song. So many OCR songs have em, kind of overdone at this point.

Cool, I'll take a look into the snare. It's 3 samples right now; but it looses some of girth and bottom end due to processing I am using on Percussion Bus. I was thinking the same thing, but there are so many sounds in the frequency range that snare sample would take up. I'll give it a go and see if something sticks.

BTW to brighten up the percussion I literally followed this: (I used IK Multimedia's British Channel)

The bass at 1:08 is the sub-bass made with DIVA. The main wah-wah bass and kick, side-chain the crap out of it. During the section at 1:08 it comes out a lot more bc the wah-wah bass isn't present.

I like this one better than your Tales one you just posted. The reason being, this one develops and keeps dragging you forward, whereas the Tales one kind of just meanders musically. Both songs sound good audio wise, maybe revisit the Tales one and see what kind of excitement you can add by changing up the arrangement a little bit more like with what you did here.

• 1 month later...

Resubbed, you say?

Sorry no mods came to review it, I guess we all took too long summer vacations. I'm a little concerned about the leads and bass drowning out the drums, and I'm not a fan of the dynamically flat leads or the panning/stereo delay thing on the hihat. The sound palette works well.

I expected this to make use of the second Zero theme as well, since this source is quite short. I think you did a good job keeping it going and moving without getting old, though.

Resubbed, you say?

Sorry no mods came to review it, I guess we all took too long summer vacations. I'm a little concerned about the leads and bass drowning out the drums, and I'm not a fan of the dynamically flat leads or the panning/stereo delay thing on the hihat. The sound palette works well.

I expected this to make use of the second Zero theme as well, since this source is quite short. I think you did a good job keeping it going and moving without getting old, though.

No worries dude. Yeah this mix is complex with plenty of mixing challenges. The biggest problem is prob that there are too many sounds.

There is no delay on the percussion. There are several similar parts EQ'd and parts panned differently. Which could cause that effect.

Thanks for the review.

Update. Took away all of the mixing/mastering plugs. And started all faders at zero. With new panning.

http://sonic-elements.com/music/Zero_Resub_MixChange.mp3

Haven't done really anything else besides add LP filters and a few obvious EQ cuts. Thoughts? Does this sound clearer? BTW this has like a 5 minute master. Just really brought the levels up, and added a touch of loudness with Ozone's maximizer.