Your desk.

Okay... so i've seen the threads about 'show your gear off' and stuff like that (no not your weiner, like your gear for music and whatnot)

what about desks? i need a new computer/workstation desk thingie. any suggestions? i need a lot of surface area (obviously)

so far all i have other than my keyboard/mouse is a midi keyboard, but im thinking of getting a full sized keyboard and i'd like some place to put it, actually on my desk and not laying on the floor or propped up against a wall. i really dont want to spend more than $200. any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Argosy desks seem a bit costly, yeah. I'm with EKM, sort of. It's not hard [or at least expensive] to be your own carpenter :)

I don't think it's unreasonable for a guy to know how to build. I'm disappointed they never taught me how in school.

You can probably build something identical to those desks your own for at least 1/5th of the price.

I'll stick with IKEA furniture (hell, even Wal-Mart has some nice desks) and good ol' cinderblock + plywood.

yeah, i haven't checked IKEA yet, but i went to walmart and they had some pretty decent/cheap stuff, but the one i wanted on display wasn't in stock!! maybe ill just keep trying back or take a trip to IKEA... which i hate doing, it's always a madhouse... :(

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite desk has always been the cheap standard 6 to 8 foot long folding banquet table. They can be had for 50 to 100 bucks, have a lot of surface area, and can be re-used for lots of stuff if you decide to upgrade your desk.

Staples has these things pretty cheap.