Sign in to follow this  
zircon

HALLELUJAH! Sample lovers, it's a dream come true!

i've finally got to play with the QL Guitar & Bass. the samples themselves are actually pretty nice... but the mapping on the ROLAND version is absolutely god fucking awful. i mean... seriously. bad notes abound. :(

So, I got my CDs today... frankly I'm at a loss. I loaded up QL Guitar and Bass (I got AKAI S1) into CDXtract. Now I'm no programmer, but I can logically get how this mapping thing works, though I have no idea how to do it myself. And this shit is kinda pissing me off.

Not only are the soft and loud velocities for the instruments in a volume broken into different programs, all the slides and switches are mapped to ONE program. I have no idea how this is supposed to make anything fluid.

Another thing that confuses me. I quote, from the demo on the clearance page: "Most patches have 4 to 5 samples per note." Now like I said, I'm not expert, but from what I saw, I saw ONE .wav sample for each note, in a three octave range.

I'm confused. Someone please help me understand why this retailed for $250 and what I'm doing wrong.

edit: ps, percussive adventures is cool :D

I personally think the QL Rare Instruments is of poor quality, but I may be tainted by my surrounding of good samples. I love the QL Brass, Ultimate Piano and Percussion Adventures, though.

Yeah. But just so you know those guys do a sale like that a good 5 times a year at least. So don't feel pressured to spend NOW as they'll be doing one several times throughout the year.

You're right. Just checked through my inbox after you said that and I have another two e-mails about things like this (although not exactly the same), one from this year and one from late last year.