Help a new remixer?

Hello. I have just finished my remix of Writhe In Pain from Guilty Gear. I wish to submit it, but I need to send a LINK to the mp3 by email. But I have no site to post the song. Would someone be so kind as to post my remix on their site? Because of the popularity of OCRemix, it might need to remain posted for as long as 3 months. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for going OT here, but concerning the 3 months thing.. since I haven't submitted any mixes since my ToP one, how long does it take these days for something to get on the panel?

Back on topic, www.sitesled.com is a good service to host your files. You get 100 megs of storage, a url in the form of yourusername.sitesled.com, people downloading your files don't have to register, you can direct link to files.. it's great. No BS. All you have to do is register and make a simple html page that has some crap on it so that they don't delete your account.

Considering all the hubbub revolving around Video Games Live and the OCR judge meetup, it's expected to see a slowdown in the judging process, as well as the posting of new mixes. But usually, when the queue of incoming remixes shrinks down to about 4 or 5, you can expect the next update in the Judges Decisions thread to add a large new list of remixes to evaluate.

Lots of people offering help. Thanks guys. Take up people's offer to upload my remix, I think I will go put it up at the feedback forum like you suggested. I really hope that I can be the first Guilty Gear remix on the site. I had a crazy idea just now. Wouldn't it be cool if they could get a bunch more judges and then have just a small number of judges evaluate each one. For example, if there were 8 judges and 4 of them got sent one remix and the other 4 got a different remix...The judging speed would double right? Or is there more to the slowness issue than just the judging process?

Thanks a lot everyone.

I had a crazy idea just now. Wouldn't it be cool if they could get a bunch more judges and then have just a small number of judges evaluate each one. For example, if there were 8 judges and 4 of them got sent one remix and the other 4 got a different remix...The judging speed would double right? Or is there more to the slowness issue than just the judging process?

The current system works like this: any given remix on the panel needs a total of 4 (right?) yes or no votes from the judges.. that means that not all judges have to vote on every song to decide what gets posted. If 4 judges vote, and they all give it a yes or no, the vote of the other 4 is not required. Only in cases where the vote is split are more votes required. The judges do this as a hobby, they don't (afaik) have any quotas or deadlines to meet, in terms of judging. Therefore, those judges that have less time, perhaps, to spend on judging, don't slow down the process, whereas they would if split into groups. Additionally, as the judging process is ultimately subjective, splitting the panel into smaller subsections would put an emphasis on the personal tastes and biases of the individuals. For example if the current 8 judges were split into two teams of 4, a given song might get 4 yes's from team 1 and 1 yes and 3 no's from team 2; team 2 wouldn't let it pass, while when all votes are tallied, like with the current system, it *would* have passed.

I had some reasons for why it's not a good idea but I forgot / I got tired of this post so I'll stop here. :nicework:

• 3 months later...
as the judging process is ultimately subjective, splitting the panel into smaller subsections would put an emphasis on the personal tastes and biases of the individuals. For example if the current 8 judges were split into two teams of 4, a given song might get 4 yes's from team 1 and 1 yes and 3 no's from team 2; team 2 wouldn't let it pass, while when all votes are tallied, like with the current system, it *would* have passed.

I had some reasons for why it's not a good idea but I forgot / I got tired of this post so I'll stop here.

Under team 1, the mix would pass.

Under team 2, the decision isn't unaminous and would still remain open. The other judges would eventually end up voting on it and it would pass, as there's no judge remaining that would give it a 4th NO. So yeah, our existing system has mechanisms to prevent a minority decision from winning out most of the time. It can happen, but votes generally don't come fast enough.

Anyway, we've revised the rules about email hosting and using temporary file hosts. If you don't have hosting, it's better to use an e-mail attachment rather than a temporary filehost. Please don't use any temporary file hosts.