OCR03086 - Dark Souls 'The Fall of Artorias'

Liontamer

Strong and evocative arrangement. I wasn't as convinced of the choir as the rest of it; it sounded the most "sample-y" part to me, plus I kind of didn't feel like it was "necessary" to bring the choir in just for the few ahs, felt a bit like autopilot grandeur if that makes sense.. but it didn't matter much in the scope of the whole song.

The different parts were interestingly quite separate from each other (especially in the beginning), but since the direction the music was taking (the narrative, I suppose) was consistent, it all fit together really well. :nicework:

• 9 months later...

The start sounds more ominous than it is for Alex's other DS remixes. This one is more cinematic and sounds more powerful -- yet you can still feel the tragic emotion within the remix. I'll agree with Eino on the fact the choir sounds a little MIDI-ish (in terms of arrangement, not samples), but it's far from being a problem. The harpischord is a very nice addition -- the remix sounds like a baroque/waltz piece during some parts. Really nice work. :)