Making a vocal refill...finished.

In light of me not being able to find any free vocal refills out there, I'm gonna do one lol. I'm thinking of including:

* Beatboxing/Mouth Drumkits/Mouthkits

* Mouth fx (yawning/coughing/sneezing?/sighing etc)

* Vocal one word hits

* Singing phrases

* Ohh/ahh instruments

* Combinator patches (combining vocal patches and FX)

Anything you guys think I need to consider? Any more ideas of things to include?

In case no one has seen the vocal sample thread, I have literally tons of vocal samples. They're all from Music Generator (and completely copyright free too), and if you are afriad there's a problem with me giving them to you (its slightly illegal to send even copyright free stuff around if people haven't paid for it), go buy it. Its probably not that much (I got it like 8 years ago for $14. God knows what it costs now).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm definitely going ahead with this, I'm aiming to finish by the end of august - I'm also going to take the oppotunity to redo my website at the same time. Here's what I'm planning to include:

* Mouthkits

* Mouthkitloops/Beatboxing loops

* Mouth fx (yawning/coughing/sneezing?/sighing, human roar etc)

* Vocal one word hits ('Looove' 'yeah' etc)

* Singing phrases

* English phrases

* Ohh/ahh/boam/Whistling instruments

* Alphabet

* Counting (spoken)

* Combinator patches (combining vocal patches and FX)

I'm going to release as a refill and I'm going to try to release as a soundfont as well, and possibly in wav format, although I'm still in 2 minds about that. I know it's quite an ambitious project! I'll do my very best.

If anyone has any ideas, things that they would specifically like me to include, just let me know via pm or email.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes! At this time, I'm near enough finished. This has been HARD work, I don't know how people who do this kind of stuff every day cope with the endless sample editing! All I've got to do is make a few combinators, finish the documentation and make a few demo songs. Should all be done by this Friday!

This refill contains:

* 51 Different Beatbox Mouthsounds (Redrum)

* 58 Fixed-Tempo Beatbox loops

* Mouth-Fx (laughing, coughing etc)

* Vocal hits

* 'Ooh' and 'Aah' type patches (NN-XT)

* Alphabet and counting patches/soundboards (NN-XT)

* Combinator effects for vocals, and....

* A patch containing various vocals, that allows you to create your own lyrics, and by using the vocoder, your own melody vocal lines! I call it the 'Vocal Lyric Machine'.

As for releasing in other formats, I think soundfont would be the most appropriate, although my plan is just to release the beatbox mouthkits, beatbox loops, vocal hits and mouth-fx for that format.

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE this. Whenever I start a new song, I do the lead synth first, and beatbox the drums (very badly) over the top so I can get rhythm/sounds etc organised. Then I try finding sounds like the ones I made, which I couldnt, so I'd end up with subpar ones. Iv replaced 3-4 drumkits already with your sets (majorly processed, but still) And Iv made the best bass's I ever have with your samples.