OCR03253 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Dungeons to Explore"

Liontamer

Nice stuff! It does sound just a little bit dated, mostly in the drums, and the slight muddiness (which is probably mostly the fault of the amp sims), but it also reminds me a bit of the "glory days" of DoD. Some people are still living those glory days over there. :lol: This arrangement is pretty sweet though, and it also shows the potential you have for arrangements and production -- a lot of chops going on here, of the killer studio variety. Not a particular fan of the drum sounds, mostly the snare, reminds me a lot of Addictive Drums. After 2 minutes in there's many cool structural shifts to the mix. I'm excited to see what kind of metal you do in the future (or currently?) and how your production abilities have changed since the creation of this mix. :-)

When I think of a first song, I often weigh the ups more than the downs, because what I'm really looking for is talent. And man, you've got it. I can't speak to the quality of the samples - others can do that with more authority/experience/desire - but you've got sections here that really piqued my interest from a design and overall sound standpoint. The 2:30 section on really shows this in my opinion, and does a fun job working with and around the expected mainline. Excited to see more in the future!

• 1 month later...

This should be setting a standard for how to bring metal into remixes and arrangements of Zelda tracks, regardless of which Zelda it is. I can kind of see what timaeus222 is saying about the drums. It is kind of easy to forget about the drum work with the excellent guitar work. But as he says, it’s “enough.” The use of original sounds was flawless, and they served as great transitions to each section of the medley. Overall, excellent remix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03253 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Dungeons to Explore"
  • 1 month later...

Cool, I'm digging the mix of metal and retro sounds combining in this mix (especially the djent bits with eerie chip sounds sprinkled around it), very unique and interesting. It's such a fun arrangement to listen to, especially because you've allowed the structure to change so much over the course of the song while keeping the actual source melodies strong. This one's going on my playlist for sure!