OCR01510 - Chrono Trigger "Antimatter"

djpretzel

Yeahs. This is the best d&b at OCR, I'd hafta say. I mean, if you can call it d&b - it seems to be crossing some boundaries. I mean, making any tune 180 bpms or throwing in some square waves doesn't make it d&b. Some of the leads are just too tinny, the drums aren't quite compressed right and that staccato synth is almost gabberish. Regardless, it get high marks in my book.

It's Game & Bass, really.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

That synth is so large, any adjective i can think of to describe it seems to not describe it well enough, or would sound like some sort of plug for a NI product. Regardless, it's very cool. Some of the high end is way piercing, like a few of the cymbals, but the rest of the sounds seem to mesh together well. The melody and beat fit together great, though I wish there were fewer breakdowns and more beat-dropping power.

Still a pretty good mix.

• 6 months later...

I don't usually listen to Dn'B (seeing as I'm not that huge of a fan), but hell I'd be lying if I didn't say that this is one of the best mixes of Magus's theme I've heard!

The synth right from the start was low and gritty almost as if it was growling, you could just tell it was going somewhere good, and it did. It's good to see that a mix that usually made into a rock/orchestra track taken into such a kickass, unique direction.

The synths in here are really harsh, which makes this one difficult to listen to for me personally :? Being totally honest, I didn't really feel like the soundscape was adequately filled out until around 3:04, and by then the song was already over.

I can appreciate the good breakdowns and the parts where things felt a bit more full and just "clicked" but on the whole this mix didn't really do it for me :| Sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01510 - Chrono Trigger "Antimatter"