WIP - Super Maio Land remix

CopiousX

Hello!

Here's an incomplete remix of the Super Mario Land end credits theme. Kholdstare showed the song to me and we agreed to do a collaboration. He's covering the Electronica part and I've done the Orchestral. While we love to get general feedback, what we specifically want to know is if you guys think this song can transition into Electronica. If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Kholdstare ~ CopiousX

very happy sounding, the original wasn't that memorable, but this is great. Sounds like something motzart would do until the piano. Ending sux, obviously, the choir that fills in with the piano is a little loud, piccolo sounds a bit off, almost like an panflute. Not all that much room for improvment, by in my opinion, you should have kept the full orchestra thing going without the piano break but this is your remix, best of luck to you.

Ps do you use a program or did you kidnap the boston pops (i suck at jokes)

• 2 weeks later...

The original is one of my favorite songs! I already loved it back when SML was released.

Anyway, this is sounding quite good already!

But a bit empty at times and the strings could use some work.

As for the transition to electronica: go for it!

I recommend you listen to some of zircon's remixes, since you seem to be going for a similar style. Download his 2 newest Chrono Trigger remixes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I know zircons stuff. He's quite the inspration.

Anyways, we finally got around to put up a few more seconds of goodness kind of thing. i think we were kinda toying with 1:47 on but i think thats how we might transition into electronica. We have some better samples prepared and in mind but i guess this works for now kind of Gah ambiguity.

Linkeage -> http://cwestudios.googlepages.com/SuperMarioLandWIP.mp3

• 1 month later...

I think it's great. I'm not sure if the problem with the piano is the octave, or something else. When it comes in, it seems too close to the front of the sound, overpowering everything. Later it's obviously been set for hall resonance or some such, which gives the odd impression of the piano being a huge room, but not the strings.