OCR01516 - Super Mario Bros. "Super Mario Blues"

djpretzel

• 1 year later...

I'm already a big fan of jazz, so this mix is twice over one of my favorites.

Even if this wasn't a video game arrangement, it's still some of the best jazz evar.

Plain and simply smooth, classic, and nostalgic.

An absolute must download for the jazz and/or Super Mario Bros. theme lover.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I agree with OA concerning the drums' volume; it could stand just a slight drop in volume. As it stands, however, this is yet another warm-sounding, outstanding offering from Neskvartetten; possibly my favourite out of all of theirs so far, actually. So seamless and smooth the whole time... a staple of OCR jazz, definitely.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01516 - Super Mario Bros. "Super Mario Blues"
  • 10 months later...

A track included in my OC ReMix Favorites playlist.

I'm not a huge fan of jazz, but I've always liked how smooth and relaxing this track is, from start to finish. It's such an easy song to pick as your first song of a long night of listening. The 1-1 track from the first Mario game is one that lends itself to jazz easily, but this one is just so successful in it's intention, you could easily fit this into a smokey lounge and not bat an eye (aside from all the smokey getting in your eyes).

This is one of those mixes that doesn't break the mold but fits into it so perfectly. 

• 4 years later...