All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

These choices suck, except for a few.

Have none of you ever played Castlevania 3 without using stupid glitches or cheap tricks? I can't decide who was harder: Death or Doppleganger (CV3). Btw, both of those bosses do 4 bars of damage per hit, so they can kill you in 4 hits. And it takes 16 hits to kill them. Enjoy the unfair battles of Castlevania III! Oh, Death has two forms. Doppleganger has only one, but will mimic whichever form you pick. Try doing Trevor vs Doppleganger. Enjoy dodging his cross he throws at you (4 bars!)

Dracula from CV3 deserves an honorable mention as you must hit him FOURTY EIGHT TIMES before he hits you four times.

I always thought Castlevania 1 was harder to beat than 3, not that either are easy.. but I know they are doable.... I used to have problems with ng's Jaquio as a kid too, but Drac from cv 1 & 3 are much harder

dunno if it's been said, but I'll list a few.

sigma from mega man X4, final form (provided, you don't cheat with X to get the ultimate armor/infinite nova strike).

death from simon's quest (don't kill me I'm joking :))

balio and sunder from breath of fire 3 (which are only unfortunately defeatable through rumor for most people)

in terms of attempting to beat a game without dying, the energy zone boss from contra 1 (for me anyway, I haven't figured out this how not to die strategy, maybe I'm just slow ^_^)

and last but not least because I can't think of anything, if optional bosses count, emerald weapon on disc 2 of final fantasy 7, if you pursue fighting it before you get any of that over-powered materia or underwater materia.

Also I've had people tell me diablo from diablo one is kind of rough.

I know most people hate devil may cry 2, but how about it's end boss? If you could stand getting there the thing is pretty rough.

I remember MMX being freaking hard when I was a young 'un. But I just beat it, and it was still difficult, but well within the bounds of reason. The dog shouldn't give you too much trouble if you stay on the walls. I used the charged up Chameleon Sting and the wind attack for Sigma.

Or you could just Hadoken them both. ;)

I think that the dragon towrds the end of fire emblem was pretty tough. you couldn't kill it unless you were athos and even then it took 8 turns, his damage was like 45-55 and yours does like 45 each turn. . .and then you need to heal and it's a vicious cycle!

Actually the dragon is very easy if you have your lords at a high level and assuming u gave the legandary weapons that athos has on him when u first get him. Then allow all of ur lords to attack him and heal them every after they all attack the dragon with a staff that can heal from a distance, and continue the next turn

The warmechs in the first final fantasy (yeah, im pulling back from way in the past) were harder than any of the bosses in the entire game. They were a rare enemy, but once you found one, you might as well have kissed your 8-bit bootay good bye. I fought one for twenty minutes one time before dying in a skin melting blast of nuke. Killing me dead like a green plastic army man under a magnifying glass.

bad grammer is so awesome.

ims a rebel :roll:

well, since I don't have the time to go through 104 pages of this I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet. I think it's pretty obscure though.

Those three damn mages in Valkyrie profile in the ruined city(of course that damn Barbarossa was hard too since you had to fight him twice without a chance to heal). I remember I was on a high enough level with enough skills to last for awhile but it took several hours of hp chipping to kill the bastards. Even with the ultra magics you get with those staffs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a confession.

I enjoy the Sonic games, and generally the bosses in the 2D ones are pretty easy to dispose of. However, there is one that I have trouble with.

In Sonic Advance, there's a boss towards the end that consists of three tiers of rotating platforms stacked on top of each other, with Dr. Robotnick's orb sitting atop them. On the bottom of each of these platforms, is a laser that can be destroyed. All along the sides of these platforms, are spikes to nail you with if you don't jump on them at a good angle.

Now, these three platforms come out as seemingly random times, pause, shoot at you, and then return. The object is to hop on these platforms and hit Robotnick's dome to damage him... and that's where I get screwed. For the ease at which I can get rid of all the other bosses, my timing always seems to be off on this boss. Either the plat forms are too close and I get hit by one, the damned laser on one of them comes out and gets me in mid jump, or I finally get on the damn thing and try to hit Robotnick's dome only to see I don't have enough momentum to make it all the way to said dome.

It's a simple boss. It only takes like 8-10 hits to destroy it, and the laser can be destroyed so they don't pose a threat anymore... but damn if my sense of timing, or the random patterns this boss puts out with its platform movement, will ever allow me an easy win over it. I've beaten it and seen the end, but every single time, that boss is a major pain in the ass for me. It's almost disheartening :lol:

8) Lavos spawn (chrono trigger) are pretty hard to beat, but they're not bosses.

Lavos wins the prize. I had to beat the game four times to be able to defeat him ( Chrono Level 56, Frog Level 52 and Marle Level 48). And it is one of the most time consuming bosses. It takes a lot of time to beat him. You gotta fight it from outside, and then from inside. When you beat the "inside lavos" then, lavos core appears. The worst thing is that it heals itself, sou you gotta have a lot of healing items, elixir, etc... to survive the long combat.

-Golem Twins from Chrono Trigger

-Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (Not from FF7, had no trouble with him in that game)

-Ruby and Emerald Weapons from FF7

-The Skedar Priest from Perfect Dark (until I found out that you had to destroy the pedestal)

-The painting monster in FF6 (or 3, whichever you prefer)

-Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (Not from FF7, had no trouble with him in that game)

-The Skedar Priest from Perfect Dark (until I found out that you had to destroy the pedestal)

Why does everyone think Sephiroth was hard in Kingdom Hearts? That battle is like something out of Megaman. He has a simple pattern and if you pay attention he's a piece of cake.

The hardest boss of all time, without a doubt was "Fire Leo" from Viewtiful Joe. If you didn't know what to do or didn't seek for help on an FAQ (like I did), you were generally screwed! Anyone agree with me?

No. It's not THAT hard to figure out his patterns.

The liquid/clay boss near the end of Mega Man 1. He would separate and fly across the screen at you in an undodgeable barrage of brown clay after you hit him. It's impossible to beat him without the pause trick.

I will happily admit that this guy kicked my ASS the first ten or so times. However, although it's very hard to dodge his blob-shift at first, it always follows the same pattern, and once you've got it down it's not that hard to dodge.

Chaos, from Unlimited Saga.

You fight some sort of variation of him at the end of each character's game, and on most of the paths, he is just a giant bitch. HUGE BITCH, I say. The fight is just really, really long, it is hard to do more than a few points of LP damage per turn, and his last forms hit all of your characters for about 2-3 LP, and he can attack up to 5 times per turn. Oh yeah, and LP can't be restored at all, the most anyone has is 17, and there is no effective way to heal HP (which only acts as a barrier to increased LP loss.)

Why does everyone think Sephiroth was hard in Kingdom Hearts? That battle is like something out of Megaman. He has a simple pattern and if you pay attention he's a piece of cake.

Yeah, the fact he has a pattern to his attacks makes it easy and I almost beat him once, but I have problems when he does that "Heartless Angel" attack. He slashes me up before I can even think to use an elixer.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a game I literally have never beaten, and I've owned it since shortly after it came out. The reason isn't just the "bosses", but the game itself.

In Road Rash for the Genesis, you have to go through five rounds, with five races in each round. Each round gets harder as you go along. Now, I've been on Round 5 with two races won, and three races yet to be qualified for I don't know how many years now. You have to get 4th place or higher to qualify, but the lead bikers are so insanely fast, it's not possible to catch them. And they obviously never crash into anything, because the leader board never seems to change.

I have the fastest bike, the best handling, and I'm pretty good at the game. But there is no way to catch these guys even if it was a flat barren wasteland with no objects anywhere on the road. But it's not like that at all. See, you need the fastest bike to have any hope in winning, as the lead bikers have them... or bikes close to them. The terrain is seriously hilly with damn sharp turns and traffic going both ways constantly. You have to go fast, but in doing so, you get launched off hills into cars, trees, and bad landings that result in big wrecks... which usually eliminates any progress you may have made up to that point. It takes about ten wrecks for your bike to break and knock you out of the race, and those ten wrecks come mighty quick in Round 5.

So besides having insanely fast lead bikers, you have to choose with Road Rash. Do you wanna go slow and not even finish in the single digits, or do you wanna haul ass and wreck constantly? You don't have a middle ground, as slowing down for hills and turns makes anyone you passed come flying up behind you and either pass you or knock you off your bike.

It's a no win situation as far as I can tell.

Here's a game I literally have never beaten, and I've owned it since shortly after it came out. The reason isn't just the "bosses", but the game itself.

In Road Rash for the Genesis, you have to go through five rounds, with five races in each round. Each round gets harder as you go along. Now, I've been on Round 5 with two races won, and three races yet to be qualified for I don't know how many years now. You have to get 4th place or higher to qualify, but the lead bikers are so insanely fast, it's not possible to catch them. And they obviously never crash into anything, because the leader board never seems to change.

I have the fastest bike, the best handling, and I'm pretty good at the game. But there is no way to catch these guys even if it was a flat barren wasteland with no objects anywhere on the road. But it's not like that at all. See, you need the fastest bike to have any hope in winning, as the lead bikers have them... or bikes close to them. The terrain is seriously hilly with damn sharp turns and traffic going both ways constantly. You have to go fast, but in doing so, you get launched off hills into cars, trees, and bad landings that result in big wrecks... which usually eliminates any progress you may have made up to that point. It takes about ten wrecks for your bike to break and knock you out of the race, and those ten wrecks come mighty quick in Round 5.

So besides having insanely fast lead bikers, you have to choose with Road Rash. Do you wanna go slow and not even finish in the single digits, or do you wanna haul ass and wreck constantly? You don't have a middle ground, as slowing down for hills and turns makes anyone you passed come flying up behind you and either pass you or knock you off your bike.

It's a no win situation as far as I can tell.

Road Rash isn't exactly a gem. The first one on Playstation though....mmmmmmm.

LOL...I just thought of a boss that truly is impossible to defeat....Metal Lobster from Kirby's Super Star (more specifically, the sub-game called Meta-Knight's Revenge). No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't kill that thing without the airship's engine's turning on, blowing everyone away...Although you got to kill it later on in the game.

As for boss's that were hard for a good reason, I had trouble with Dark Link from Link's Adventure and Dracula from the first GBA Castlevania game. I used to think Coolix from Super Mario RPG was impossible, but then many years later, I played the game again and handed it to him...0_o

I bet I've played bosses that were just as hard or harder but my memory of the video games I have played isn't too good right now for some reason.

Absolute worst boss for me...Nightmare fight 3 (in Devil May Cry). I was stuck on that boss for months, literally. I started another save afterwards on Hard...yeah, I haven't even fought him, I'm pretty much scared to. And that was a year ago. :oops:

Love the game...HATE that boss...and MAN is the sword-wielding boss in that game fun! (can't remember the name right now...)

Absolute worst boss for me...Nightmare fight 3 (in Devil May Cry). I was stuck on that boss for months, literally. I started another save afterwards on Hard...yeah, I haven't even fought him, I'm pretty much scared to. And that was a year ago. :oops:

Love the game...HATE that boss...and MAN is the sword-wielding boss in that game fun! (can't remember the name right now...)

That's Nelo Angelo. And yes, he's freaking awesome. :)

You should go face Nightmare 3. Once you've really got down how to handle him, he's actually very fun to fight. I don't blame you for being stuck on him, though, he's one of the few bosses who still gives me trouble (on DMD mode...did I mention I've played this game far too much?). :lol:

The last few bosses in Final Fantasy Legend II were damn near impossible. It took me forever to beat Venus, then right after her is Odin with his pets (whom you must beat in eight rounds, if I remember correctly) then Apollo, then a tower climb THEN a crazy gun machine that was damn near impossible.

Oh yeah.. I'd forgotten about Venus.. :dstrbd: Glad I was using my Super Game Boy at the time.. or I would have been using up many, many sets of batteries. :oops: