Hive Bomber - retro arcade game by Vurez

Vurez

Hey guys. It's been a long time! I haven't submitted new remixes here in what feels like ages, however I've still been working on things. One of which I'd like to announce here. I've been developing a retro arcade game called Hive Bomber. It's a one-man project so it involved a lot more than music writing from me. It will be my 2nd released game (whether it makes it through Steam Greenlight or not) and I'm hoping it will appeal to the people who fondly remember the early 80s arcade games as I do.

A brief description:

The gameplay is simple. You control the Hive Bomber and assault enemy bee hives. Each hive has 4 randomly placed honey "cores". If you get all four, the hive self destructs. However, even numbered hives contain a randomly hidden queen which must be destroyed as well. Queens possess an impervious energy shield which is powered by the honey cores, so optimal gameplay will involve getting the honey before releasing the queen. Other bees work together to defend the hive from it's attacker. Workers repair the damaged hex cells. Defenders protect the hive and allies with their rechargeable bubble shield. Others fend off the Hive Bomber utilizing various attack behaviors.

The Hive Bomber has a rainbow of forms it can take, each one represented as a powerup. You can have up to 2 forms that you can switch from at any one time. Each one has it's own weapon attributes and unique special ability. All forms can teleport to the opposite side of the hive if they have at least 1 teleport energy unit.

The Steam Greenlight link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742007760

Checkout the trailer and screen shots, and if it looks like something you'd like to play, be sure to vote.

The game's not 100% complete yet so any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.