OCR03427 - Sonic Colors "Misty Night"

Liontamer

Oh, you've got your first mixpost! Congrats, man, you deserved it! :) As for the track, I remember one of its early iterations (from one of SSMB albums), but it have always felt a bit unfinished, and what you've done here is just freakin' outstanding. The beat is really tight, and the funky guitar is just damn catchy. The only thing that seems a bit weird to my taste is the Collision Chaos cameo - its brief appearance is quite sudden, and it doesn't fit well, but it's not a big problem at all. Anyway, good job!

On 9/29/2016 at 3:20 AM, Black_Doom said:

Oh, you've got your first mixpost! Congrats, man, you deserved it! :) As for the track, I remember one of its early iterations (from one of SSMB albums), but it have always felt a bit unfinished, and what you've done here is just freakin' outstanding. The beat is really tight, and the funky guitar is just damn catchy. The only thing that seems a bit weird to my taste is the Collision Chaos cameo - its brief appearance is quite sudden, and it doesn't fit well, but it's not a big problem at all. Anyway, good job!

Thanks man. I'm really happy you and everyone likes it! :)
Thanks a lot to the judges for passing this and of course liking it. I'll work on improving myself! 

• 8 months later...

Dat bass.

Found this while going over my ocr library (now fully up to date with albums and everything). That groove, especially at 1:13 and on, just grabbed me. I'll be listening a lot to this in the future, either for trying to distill what makes it so cool, or just to chill to it. Really nice work. I want to hear more from you.