OCR03732 - Donkey Kong Country "Factory of Fear"

Oh boy, now this is what I call an intense remix! It drags you into this excellect soundscape right at the beginning and keeps your attention until it's over :) It may seem a bit conservative at first, indeed, and Sir_NutS' comparison to bLiNd's remix is pretty on point, to be honest. It's your relatively straightforward electronica rendition of FF, but I just can't resist the beauty of such a somewhat simple treatment. And damn, those 80's drum fills - I really love retro-ish stuff a lot, so this can only work as a plus for me. Very good stuff!

You know, I have to agree with the YouTube guy... What about the others OST from DKC family ??? Some of them  only appear on the albums of the trilogy, and are so awesome and underrated :/ This remix is indeed very good, but I'd like to see some of Life in the Mines, Boss Bossanova, Rockface Rumble and more !!!! Please let's take a break (only a bit) on Fear Factory, Aquatic Ambiance, and listen more to the full OST of this masterpiece, I'm sure some stuff can come alive. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to disagree with 'youtube guy'. In fact, I spent years searching for THE Aquatic Ambience track before Zisotto finally stepped up to the plate. Disco Dan's was good, but ... different. In fact, this mix is close enough to Blind's version that I don't feel the need to keep it. I do look forward to other tracks from the OST, but I have no preference as to the order; it's all good. Dani, since it's your first post you might want to check out Gray Lightning's Voices of the Temple (missed greatly) or Prophecy's Chekan Winter (very DK1).

I've already cheked this 2 songs. And in fact, I have the trilogy albums. But even though ALL the OSTs have a remix, some only have in these albums !!! And I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE REMIXES OF MORE OSTS !!! All the remixers make such an awesome job, however Aquatic Ambience has a little bit of "overuse" and the whole OST needs attention !! Come on guys you know what I'm talking about.....!

• 5 years later...